Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Member. Returning To Stamp Collecting After Many Years.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 619Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
Posted 06/13/2020   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Lerosier to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Presently looking for a worldwide album. I recently saw a 1947 Scott International album that fir into one binder. Today is you purchase a 1840-1940 Scott International it costs $750 and comes in four binders. Why does it take four binders to cover the same period? I am interested in the classic period and up to the mid 1950's.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
Posted 06/13/2020   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

Dale
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2801 Posts
Posted 06/14/2020   06:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

I do not use Scott albums but someone will hopefully answer the question.
Al
Edited by angore - 06/14/2020 06:37 am
Valued Member
United States
466 Posts
Posted 06/14/2020   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 1947 Scott international was a 3 inch binder with double sided pages. Often the end of one country was on the front of a page and the back of that page started a new country. If one filled the album about 60 % full it was bulging. Many collectors back in the day split it into 2 binders. Also this allowed one to add additional pages for covers, varieties, etc. At some point Scott decided to start all countries on a new page and split the album into two parts 1A and 1B. Now that collectors are using mounts, this was still not good enough and Scott went with 4 parts 1A1, 1A2, 1B1 and 1B2. You now have plenty of room to add pages and spread everything out.

If you don't want to buy new albums, there are lots and lots of older Scott Internationals available through auctions, eBay, Hipstamps, and dealers. I currently have my 1950s Volume 1 in 2 binders and am very happy with it.
United States
1 Posts
Posted 06/14/2020   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lerosier to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
426 Posts
Posted 06/14/2020   9:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EMaxim to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Lerosier. I too am returning after many years. Rather than albums I've gone with the freedom that good quality bound stockbooks provide. Anyway, glad to have another collector of the classics. I've found that this forum includes many knowledgeable people who willingly address any and all questions. Trust you'll find the same.
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
Posted 06/16/2020   12:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TNJed to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! And two thumbs up for stockbooks!

Jed
Edited by TNJed - 06/16/2020 12:30 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
546 Posts
Posted 06/16/2020   1:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back to a great hobby.
United States
2 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   01:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moonwalker925 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome !

Been a fan of Lighthouse Stockbooks only over 49 years.

64 PGE all acetate with the dust cover in black is the only way to fly !

Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Lerosier...you are now among some of the best and brightest in the hobby!!
Member APS, PNC3, AFDCS, PSS

Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org)

Coil Line (club newsletter) Editor & Webmaster

Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 619Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05