Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Kathiri State Of Seiyun South Arabia

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 495Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2801 Posts
Posted 06/15/2020   06:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add angore to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does Scott list these and later stamps from Kathiri State of Seiyun South Arabia.

Scott lists issues from the region under Aden until 1964. The South Arabia listings ends in 1966.

I can find some in Gibbons. For example, there is a set of Fleming paintings with Yemen country name as well as Kathiri State of Seiyun South Arabia.

Screenshot from stampworl.com
Send note to Staff
Al
Edited by angore - 06/15/2020 06:48 am

Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
Posted 06/16/2020   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bwdavis to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My Michel Gulf States catalog lists these as Mi#'s 42-54 and Mi#'s 55-67 with different color overprints. Listed under Aden (Kathiri State of Seiyun)

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2801 Posts
Posted 06/17/2020   11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. It looks like Scott does not list them. Everything on eBay uses Michel numbers.
Al
Edited by angore - 06/17/2020 11:53 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2973 Posts
Posted 06/17/2020   7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi angore,

I've never found these later issues in Scott when I've looked.

I use an old 2009 edition so I guess this may have changed.

SG lists this set as SG 42-54 in various places:

- in Part 1 (C&BE) under South Arabian Federation: Kathiri State of Seiyun

- in Part 19 (Middle East) under South Arabia: Kathiri State of Seiyun

- in SOTW under Kathiri State of Seiyun

Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2801 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   06:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed these issues when I was using preparing a want list in Stamp Manage inventory software. Someone entered them in Aden section using Michel numbers with images. Another educational journey made possible by the Internet.
Al
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Michel 0030 0056
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
508 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For these and Gulf states issues, Michel seems to be the way to go. Always seen them listed online using Michel #s.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   12:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Philately from the Hadhramaut.
From one of my favourite Philatelic Journalists, Christer Brunstrom.
Stamp News Australasia, June 2008 P54
Full story there.

(Incidentally carries another "Letters from the Past" (Grt Brit) from SCF contributor, Eunice Shanahan.)

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 495Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05