Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Tried Asking This Ebay Seller A Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 564Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
1277 Posts
Posted 07/02/2020   5:56 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KRelyea to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I looked at this item;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HERRICKSTA...AOSwqOVe~f6d

and I saw only 1 picture and a link to more pictures that didn't work, so I decided to ask if there were more pictures. eBay messaging system returned this;

The guy has 3386 items listed but only sold 76 items in the last 90 days, I guess I know why.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 07/02/2020   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DV75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Herrick Stamps was a very long term advertiser in Linn's. I think they had the inside cover ad and it usually said something like "this is our 2,000th consecutive ad in Linn's" (or whatever the number was). If you google them you will easily find their phone number if you want to direct your question to them that way.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by DV75 - 07/02/2020 6:15 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
237 Posts
Posted 07/02/2020   6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Odd, have bought from them before and have nothing bad whatsoever to say.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
125 Posts
Posted 07/02/2020   7:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RK1468 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've brought from him before without issue as well. Given how this seems to be anomalous behavior, perhaps he's dealing with some sudden personal or family issues. Likely worth a call.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4610 Posts
Posted 07/02/2020   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased a MNH Q12 from him once. Sent it for a cert and it was regummed. I never pursued the matter. I moved on.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1277 Posts
Posted 07/02/2020   9:33 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe he doesn't even know it's happening. It's not a vacation setting.
I just thought it strange because I'd never seen it before.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2284 Posts
Posted 07/02/2020   9:49 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rog - they are mainly new issue dealers, so not entirely a surprise they got regumming wrong
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 07/03/2020   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DV75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On a tangent, I notice this album has pencil written values below many stamps which I've frequently seen in albums for sale. Personally, I hate that practice because it ruins the appearance of the pages for me. I understand why dealers do this but I don't like having an album with writing of any kind on the pages. Sometimes it can be erased but that can be time consuming or difficult depending on how lightly the marks were made. Also the values are meaningless because they are probably Scott values (or maybe not) for VF stamps with no faults which is often not the case for many stamps in old albums.
Pillar Of The Community
789 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree about the annoying pencil values some sellers write on album pages. Often, I want to reuse the pages (if they're in good shape) with the stamps still on them. That means laboriously erasing all the pencil marks. Tiresome at best, damaging to stamps at worst. I wish sellers would keep their pencil marks to their own paper and not write them on album pages. Or use a post-it note that can easily be removed. I've also seen that done.

As for Herrick Stamp Company, I used them for years (maybe 20, in fact) as my new issue dealer. They were invariably good in every way with shipments packed well and sent promptly. I never once had a problem with them. It's a company, not an individual, so "on vacation" and other explanations probably don't apply. My guess is that they simply don't monitor eBay questions for some reason. Or maybe the person in charge of that just isn't paying attention. They have many people working there. I'd make a phone call instead.

Also, Ken, every time you post something here, it reminds me to look at your eBay listings. Then I bid on some of them. Then I spend money.
Edited by DrewM - 07/04/2020 4:14 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1277 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   7:17 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Drew that's the plan. Thanks!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 564Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05