Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Gibbons Simplex Albums

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 284Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   09:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add yorkie68 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have used these albums for 30 years to house my all world collection, just been on their site to order more and they are not listed at all. Does anyone know whether they have been discontinued?
I have about 25 volumes and would be gutted if I have to continue my collection in other albums
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
650 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   10:09 am  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I switched to Senator Standard albums a while ago as I found the Simplex difficult to get hold of, and I do believe they were discontinued (not positive).
That said, they are available on eBay, including several by sellers in the UK:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...lex&_sacat=0

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4970 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   11:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Try

https://www.dauwalders.co.uk/simple...d-3206-c.asp

May be worth giving them a call to see how many they have, so you can stock up! I tend to use old Simplex, Senator or Utile interchangeably. I much prefer the older versions, which are better made. I also use these, which are the same size as the Gibbons albums, but different material. Good quality.

https://www.dauwalders.co.uk/wessex...s-2007-c.asp

Valued Member
United Kingdom
19 Posts
Posted 07/14/2020   03:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yorkie68 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to you both for your replies, it does seem that they have been discontinued which is a shame, although it is seven days since I emailed SGs customer support with this query and have had no reply.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4970 Posts
Posted 07/14/2020   03:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You might ask W&W if there are Simplex binders in some of these mixed accessories lots.

https://www.warwickandwarwick.com/a...gue?save=yes
Valued Member
Ireland
232 Posts
Posted 07/14/2020   09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I started using black SENATOR Medium for my Ireland collection in 1970 and had around seven in 2001 when I stopped collecting. When I resumed in 2012, the range of colours had been reduced from four to two and I started using green. I have on occasions picked up pre-owned black albums so that (more or less) Ireland 20th century is in black albums and 21st century is in green albums.
Two or three years ago I ordered two green Senator Medium albums from Gibbons. They sent me Simplex instead. Although the binders are the same, the pages are very different. There are self-adhesive labels "Senator", "Simplex" etc with every album ...it was the pages rather than the binders that was the problem.
Eventually they did send the SEnator albums but I did keep the "Simplex" binders to house my Irish postmark collection.
So certainly in 2017 or 2018 Simplex MEDIUM albums were still available thru Gibbons.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 284Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05