Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bill Langs Passed Away

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 3,470Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   2:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Reedededge to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just got the sad news that Bill Langs passed away. I did not hear any details. Regardless of what you thought of Bill, I really hate losing someone from the hobby. My condolences go out to his family and loved ones.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6914 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   2:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Resq352 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bill was Bill - he never bothered me - may he rest in peace!
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
reedededge I agree with your statement and echo your thoughts for his family.
Learn More...
8383 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   4:00 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

From the SCF Community...

Pillar Of The Community
3309 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Eventhough I wasn't a customer of his and I never did meet him, I couldn't help but admire the fact that he always had philatelic material that no one else had. I came across his listings many times while searching for research information.
Edited by jogil - 07/09/2020 4:54 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4786 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   5:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder what will become of his inventory.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6953 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect it will be a while before anything happens. How much was actually owned, how much was on consignment and from whom, joint ownerships, unpaid auction inventory, etc,
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
361 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He did have a heck of an inventory.
I assume he lived in New Jersey where his business was located.
Stiff inheritance tax once things get sorted.
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rwoodennickel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While I have never met Bill in person, I have purchased material and spoke with him in phone conversation. I found him professional and and sorry to hear of his passing. May he Rest in peace, and enjoy the fact that he had some awesome material at times.
Thanks,
Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2336 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   10:50 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"I suspect it will be a while before anything happens. How much was actually owned, how much was on consignment and from whom, joint ownerships, unpaid auction inventory, etc,"
That understates how complicated things are.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4908 Posts
Posted 07/10/2020   12:02 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah... I'm guessing it will be a difficult knot to untangle, at least based on stories I've been told by numerous sources over the years as to how he worked with auction houses, consigners, etc.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2833 Posts
Posted 07/10/2020   06:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had purchased items from him for a brief period but when he changed his policy on refunds for expertising fees (had to be $100+ item) I went elsewhere. He seemed to have some special relationship with Stu Katz.
Al
Edited by angore - 07/10/2020 06:30 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6953 Posts
Posted 07/10/2020   07:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"I suspect it will be a while before anything happens. How much was actually owned, how much was on consignment and from whom, joint ownerships, unpaid auction inventory, etc,"

"That understates how complicated things are".

I have no doubt that is true, I was just pointing out that it WILL be complicated.
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 07/10/2020   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DV75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Stiff inheritance tax once things get sorted."

If he was married (I have no idea) his spouse inherits his estate tax free. If he had a spouse and didn't leave the entire estate to the spouse then estate tax might be an issue but this is not a tax forum.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2833 Posts
Posted 07/10/2020   08:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If his company was incorporated, would not the assets be owned by the corporation?
Al
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 3,470Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05