Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bill Langs Passed Away

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 323 / Views: 23,837Next Topic
Page: of 22
Valued Member
455 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   09:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I did a comparison of the revenue lots in the Langs sale to what is on eBay currently. The revenue lots run from 3559-3627. These lots are NOT on eBay: 3560, 3571, 3575, 3576, 3577, 3580, 3586, 3598, 3617, 3624. Out of 69 lots, 10 are NOT on eBay. That's 86% still up.

revcollector,

I know better than to ask this question, but are there any eBay "bargains"?

In other words, are any of the lots on eBay cheaper than the starting or current bids in the Langs sale?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
616 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SPQR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
are any of the lots on eBay cheaper than the starting or current bids in the Langs sale?

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1217 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   11:07 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone reached out to Kelleher about this. To me they are one the best houses and I'd hate to see them fall due to this mess. They should take action to address this situation before it unwinds.
Edited by rlsny - 11/26/2020 11:08 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
534 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
in the eyes of some it my already be to late.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7630 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   12:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
StateRevs, SPQR has already answered that question..........
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1217 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   8:46 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
in the eyes of some it my already be to late.

Perhaps, but not for me. We have only guesses about what is going on. There is no real evidence of wrongdoing yet. But if stamps get sold out from under the auction or the "lost in the mail" episode turns out to be something actually wrong or gets repeated - it moves from conjecture to fact. I'm withholding judgement because I have had only the best relationship with Kelleher up to now and believe they have integrity. I really hope someone there pays attention and straightens it out.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7155 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We have only guesses about what is going on.

Well we do know that some of the same stamps are listed on Ebay/Hipstamp as well as in the Kelleher catalogs. That is not a guess. And we do know that at least one SCF member completed a purchase of a stamp that was listed on Ebay/Hipstamp and was also for sale in a Kelleher auction. That is also not a guess. Unfortunately the stamp never made it due to being "lost in the mail". That is the most curious thing because I would have expected an answer akin to "the stamp was never sent because it was already sold elsewhere' if the truth was being told. The truth however may not have set one free but rather touched off a s***storm.

Some light needs to be shed upon this and the best place to go for "the rest of the story" is the proverbial horses mouth. No?

Edit To Add: All of this does not necessarily amount to wrongdoing. As I said before, the House and the Consignor can set there own contract conditions. It could leave a nasty taste in a lot of peoples mouths though.
Edited by rogdcam - 11/26/2020 9:38 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1217 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   9:40 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed Rog. I hope they take some action quickly before it gets any worse.
Learn More...
9929 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   9:48 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We know that listing stamps on eBay with incorrect locations is a violation of eBay policy that can result in the account being NARUed.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
534 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   10:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rodgcam
it is not known for certain that the item in question was cross listed. given the revelations that other items have been, the lost in the mails explanation does seem to smell. also the fact that other items from them to the same address arrived without difficulty.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2048 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   11:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hipstamp is featuring a Black Friday sale from Bill's Bargain Stamps. 20% off all 65,000 stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
583 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   2:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shermae - those are the regular "sale" prices every week. I don't see anything further reduced out of the ordinary. At this point it feels like a BIN option to the auction. I don't know why anyone would buy anything unless they were unaware of the pending auctions. It would shock me if demand suddenly showed up for these things beyond a reasonable percent of cat after sitting on eBay for decades.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2048 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7155 Posts
Posted 11/29/2020   3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So I was perusing Langs eBay listings just now and pondering what is going on and decided to checl out recent feedback. This is a negative comment that was just posted:

Mr. Langs passed. The "new"owners continue to sell eBay items it does not have
#210TC4a TRIAL COLOR PROOF PLATE ON CARD PAIR - LAKE CV $280.00 BP3367 (#170887160323)
Buyer: 0***g (1569)
US $275.00

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_...047675.l2560
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5312 Posts
Posted 11/29/2020   5:38 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It boggles the mind... why are the eBay and Hipstamp stores still operating? Do his heirs not have the credentials to get into the accounts and turn them off? I cannot fathom any upside to keeping them going, especially if they are no longer in possession of the actual merchandise.
Page: of 22 Previous TopicReplies: 323 / Views: 23,837Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05