Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bill Langs Passed Away

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 301 / Views: 18,405Next Topic
Page: of 21
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1826 Posts
Posted 12/03/2020   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
520 Posts
Posted 12/03/2020   7:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, got a shipping notification that it's on its way from Oradell NJ - should be here in a few days.
Edited by Oracle of Delphi - 12/03/2020 7:22 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
520 Posts
Posted 12/05/2020   2:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Item arrived today - was just an inexpensive cover. Return address on the envelope was shown as Oradell NJ

Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Neeskens13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I won a Zeppelin cover in yesterday's Langs auction. That same cover is still listed on HipStamp this morning. Hopefully, it will arrive in my hands after payment is made.
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I won an item today at Kelleher, that is still up and listed for sale on both Hip and eBay (a 5 times what I paid for it I might ad). :-)
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
91 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonder if the withdrawn lots were sold at Hip or on eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1437 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   3:39 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Were a lot of items withdrawn from the latest sale?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
91 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   3:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
6 lots withdrawn in today's session (#2):
2285 -> 7var
2322 -> 14
2392 -> 42
2395 -> 43
2700 -> 261AP1
2735 -> 279Bc

16 lots passed in toady's session (#2) with a total low est of $7,000
Edited by BobInRye - 12/09/2020 7:26 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5635 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Easy enough to crosscheck the withdrawn lots with Ebay/Hip and settle the question of "possession".
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
91 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   7:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kelleher seems to have gotten a lot more realistic about their estimates - at least for today's session. Less than 1/2% of lots came in under the low estimate range. 29% came in at the low estimate itself. Didn't bother tracking number / value of lots over the high estimate.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
91 Posts
Posted 12/11/2020   8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And because I can't let sleeping dogs lie, checked on the so-called ribbed paper 375 on HipStamp today which was still available at about $1,100. This same one stamp was passed in the Kelleher auction (lot 2876) because it couldn't even get $100. Following is the answer I got to my question about the stamp:
Have the stamp?12/11/2020 18:54:23
Very creative pricing given that this exact same stamp was PASSED yesterday at Kelleher when it couldn't get $100. Do you have the stamp? How old is the cert? And does the cert actually say ribbed paper which is not recognized by Scott after the late 1880s.
billsbargainstamps
Re: Have the stamp?12/11/2020 19:00:33
We appreciate your interest in this stamp. Unfortunately, we no longer have this item in our inventory. We will be removing the stamp off our website. Thank you!

Respectfully,
Billsbargains
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
91 Posts
Posted 12/11/2020   8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And because I can't let sleeping dogs lie, checked on the so-called ribbed paper 375 on HipStamp today which was still available at about $1,100. This same one stamp was passed in the Kelleher auction (lot 2876) because it couldn't even get $100. Following is the answer I got to my question about the stamp:

Re: Have the stamp?12/11/2020 19:00:33
We appreciate your interest in this stamp. Unfortunately, we no longer have this item in our inventory. We will be removing the stamp off our website. Thank you!
Billsbargains

And guess what - it has NOW, finally been removed from Hip. Given that it wasn't sold AND it isn't with billsbargains any longer, can we conclude that it is, in fact, owned by Kelleher?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5635 Posts
Posted 12/11/2020   9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kelleher frequently makes deals after the auction on passed lots. Coogle always says "that one is available" and/or "see me after the sale if you are interested". Who knows. This entire thing was a hot mess that should not have been IMO. Clarity would have gone a long way but when there is no clarity there is usually a reason.

Watch eBay for a ribbed paper 375 to surface that you recognize. LOL
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
Posted 01/04/2021   11:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Neeskens13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to close the loop on my Zeppelin cover, I received it on December 31 (it took 12 days to go from Connecticut to New Jersey via certified mail). Everything was in good order, but the cover is still listed on the HipStamp site as of this morning. If you act fast enough, you can buy the cover at 15% off the regular price!!
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
Posted 01/04/2021   4:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When is the rest of the Langs stuff coming up at auction? Does anyone know anything?
Page: of 21 Previous TopicReplies: 301 / Views: 18,405Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 4.68 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05