Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Would You Respond To This Ebay Buyer

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,595Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4597 Posts
Posted 07/11/2020   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chris - That sounds better than my "Dear Deadbeat - Pay up or shut up"
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1388 Posts
Posted 07/11/2020   4:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe just a bit.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1271 Posts
Posted 07/11/2020   5:06 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When I saw Nancy's first note I knew I only had 1 decision to make. Did I want her as a long term customer or not and for me the answer is simple. I did not. I envision a series of negotiations every time she buys something and I'm not interested in that at all. Whatever people say about eBay the fact is eBay provides an endless supply of customers and Nancy won't be missed. I had already blocked her when I posted this topic, I didn't want her getting into me for anymore $.

She has probably given me enough in her messages to have any negative feedback removed.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3719 Posts
Posted 07/11/2020   6:28 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can't cancel the transaction without incurring a "defect" unless the buyer asks me to cancel it, so that is not an option.

Is the option to cancel the purchase as it is not an address I mail too?
I use this setting no worries and then add them to the blocked buyers list on eBay before the purchase is cancelled.
Valued Member
United States
281 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   12:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Her 2nd message sets off alarms for me. If I were on eBay and couldn't pay, I might send a similar first message. Since she paid, though, clearly she COULD pay, so I don't understand the initial delay. It appears that her philosophy is "the best defense is a good offense".

If you think it would do any good, and if you are so motivated to take the time (even though you shouldn't have to), you could send her another message and try to explain that your initial question was not trying to be rude, but simply trying to evaluate why the 'standard' eBay transaction wasn't so standard after all.

Whichever way you go, definitely put her on your blocked bidder list. Sounds like her temper goes from zero to 60 in nothing flat.
Valued Member
Learn More...
376 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   08:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anything is possible

Quote:
Except for turning lead into gold, from what I've read.

Quote:
I saw the recipe being sold on eBay. Guaranteed.

Quote:
They can turn lead into gold! Very expensive though.

Particle accelerator would be method of choice:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...d-into-gold/

You got one of those, right?

Much easier method: buy bullet, find the guy with the gold, exchange bullet for gold
Edited by StateRevs - 07/13/2020 08:55 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1773 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pay her off and then block her
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1271 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   2:59 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Her item is shipped, I hope this is the last I hear from her, but if not I'll let everybody know.

If I hear from her again I'm going to refer her to this topic and invite her to join SCF.
Learn More...
8261 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   3:32 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If I hear from her again I'm going to refer her to this topic and invite her to join SCF.

Reciprocity! I'll be sure to send all the SCF trouble makers your way too Ken! hehehe
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1271 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   5:22 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I already have them!

Actually it's a funny thing, unless an SCF member uses a similar user name on SCF and eBay I don't know they're from here unless they identify themselves.

Keeps me on my toes.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4597 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lead to gold accelerator for sale on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/i/132132177652...BEgKvHvD_BwE
Valued Member
Learn More...
376 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rogdcam,

Sah-weet!!!!!!!!!

Looking to see if we can get it with P-card from work.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1108 Posts
Posted 07/14/2020   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That request should have been made upfront., prior to the close of the Auction. I agree with "kcaramat". You may politely advise her to "pound sand" and sell it to the next highest bidder. Terms & Conditions are Terms & Conditions: What's fair for one is fair for all.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
14 Posts
Posted 07/14/2020   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been asked to accept a delayed payment numerous times, but they always ask before purchase and typically ask for less the 5 days grace. I've had no problems getting paid this way and certainly don't ship until I'm paid.

I've asked myself for grace, but always in order to wait for my ' eBay bucks' to show up within a few days of the end of the quarter. I seem to always have them spent before they show up :-)
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,595Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05