Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott 213B - Printed On Both Sides

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,502Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
21 Posts
Posted 07/11/2020   1:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mongoose23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My daughter and I were having fun with our stamp albums and came across this 2 cent Green Washington. The back is also printed and I see in the US Scott Catalog that the value is listed as N/A, however this stamp does exist as #213b.

Any information on this stamp would be greatly appreciated. Much thanks!!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4624 Posts
Posted 07/11/2020   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is not printed on both sides. It picked up the ink from the sheet of stamps below it when stacked. That is why the image is reversed.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
Posted 07/11/2020   4:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
it is called set-off or offset and occurs when newly printed wet sheets get stacked together.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2318 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   06:11 am  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4624 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   07:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good find Winston. That really torques my lugnuts.
Learn More...
8267 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   08:00 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Added screen capture to archive this Mongoose23 (aka yocumii23) deceptive listing.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4096 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   10:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"100% feedback. Bid with confidence. No Returns."
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5967 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my.

Edit- I contacted the seller and told him it was not printed on both sides. He replied stating he would change the listing, which he didn't. Then the old "I'll honor any return" which means if the buyer figures it out. Shady seller.
Edited by stallzer - 07/16/2020 7:38 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
70 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   7:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add OzwaldO to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What could be the point of this? I'm surely stumped!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4096 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bizarro situation.
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   8:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What could be the point of this?

To shine a light on a 'valuable' stamp with the collecting community in order to pump up the interest (and bids, of course). It would work, too, if it were a true "printed on both sides".
1 Posts
Posted 07/18/2020   02:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MartyMcFly23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Just, wow. I would have to be an idiot to ask a question about a stamp and then immediately post it to eBay. I know that the optics don't look good, but my daughter posted this stamp to my eBay account. This was her stamp to sell, however I wasn't aware that she had posted it. Stallzer did reach out to me to inform me that the listing was deceptive and I immediately attempted to revise the listing. That said, eBay does not allow a seller to make any updates including anything in the descriptive field during the last 24 hours of an auction. I did informed the winning bidder that the stamp was an offset, not printed on both sides.

I attempted to log into this forum to explain my situation and saw that my registration has been revoked. I very much appreciate that there are people looking out for shading practices in the stamp collecting community, as I myself was recently part of a scam where I purchased a "cartel" stamp for $3,600. I have since sent the stamp back to London and still waiting confirmation on a refund.

I've never had to defend my reputation to anyone, but understand how this looks really bad. I've already spoken with my daughter about never posting to my account again. Guess she got caught up in the moment. My apologizes to the stamp community!!
Learn More...
8267 Posts
Posted 07/18/2020   05:40 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I only temporarily locked your account (as opposed to nuking it more permanently). See this rule on the locking of accounts https://www.stampcommunity.org/rules.asp#rulesid16

Note this bolded part of the rule
"Reason or duration notwithstanding, registering under a different ID to circumvent the suspension may result in permanent banning from the site."

I do not understand how this too might be the fault of your daughter. There is either a string of incredibly poor decisions or something more sinister going on here.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6848 Posts
Posted 07/18/2020   07:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All the bids say "private listing - bidders' identities protected" While I know this is sometimes used, in this case it seems highly suspicious.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4624 Posts
Posted 07/18/2020   08:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5967 Posts
Posted 07/18/2020   08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most important question. Has the buyer been notified about the error in the listing? Or did you just accept payment, mail stamp and wait to see if buyer noticed the error. Also, not a fan of throwing the daughter under the bus. Being an honest seller will always increase sales.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,502Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05