Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Member UT Soon To Be More Educated

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 344Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
Posted 07/11/2020   7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dflawles to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi to all. I'm 60 yrs old and at 10yrs old my uncle (who got them from his Grandpa at the same age) gave Me his stamps 3 books and a box full. I looked at them for a day and have carried them around since. I just moved UT and saw them. So I started looking at them and they intrigued me. So I have been reading since. I ordered and now have a Perf template, lighted magnification, tweezers and a digital caliper. Just ordered watermark kit (scared to death to dunk then in water so to speak, knowing I still don't really know what to look for).

I ordered the plastic pages to put the US 1900-1915 ones (over 160 or so. You the ones. W/L 1 & 2 cent ones. I'm not looking for a quick buck so my intentions are pure. I am trying to educate myself and start with US then to World. I have identified one that has merit. I tried to download it but still trying to work through it.

So many variables what is drawing me in. Every time I think I'm closer to identifying one another "IF" comes up. I hope to soon do my "Due Diligence" then post what I think would be interesting to this forum.
Look forward to learning.
REW
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
Posted 07/11/2020   8:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.

Dale
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3539 Posts
Posted 07/11/2020   9:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scanning and downloading can be difficult. Try working through this tutorial

http://stampsmarter.com/Learning/SCF/help1.html
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2802 Posts
Posted 07/12/2020   05:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!!
Al
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
Posted 07/12/2020   08:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dflawles

As Jaclie Gleason said the world is your oyster especially philatelically. Please look through the StampSmarter digital library for much useful information. There are other sites on the web as well with identifiers that can help sort out your Washington Franklin (W-F) stamps.

Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Best regards, Russ

Valued Member
Learn More...
241 Posts
Posted 07/12/2020   5:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome and have fun!
Valued Member
United States
14 Posts
Posted 07/12/2020   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gr1956stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to you. I have got you by a couple of years but maybe we can collect until we hit 95 or until the cash runs out.Enjoy the chase !
United States
4 Posts
Posted 07/12/2020   10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dflawles to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your welcomes. I Spent most of the day on over 100 two cent Washington's. Down to one that I have a Q on. Believe me I've looked all over. I'm not looking for a quick answer. I'm looking to learn. Where can I find the millimeter of a scott 388. I'm still waiting for the watermark solution to come so I can check that. Everything else checks need the millimeter been looking for over an hour for a link cannot find the millimeter. Help thanks My digital gauge says 21.5 x 18.6 roughly
Rick
United States
4 Posts
Posted 07/12/2020   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dflawles to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here it is. Thx for the link. A little blurry used both I phones. I have to work on it obviously.

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 344Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05