Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Great Britain Collection Question

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 912Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
39 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldmanriver to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Great Britain along with British Colonies, Empire and Commonwealth. With the exception of the Machins, all are Pre - QEII. I have the Empire, colonies and commonwealth stuff in separate binders labeled "British Empire" Due to the amount of pages for each separate colony, territory and what have you, I needed to split it up into 6 binders for that. For just Great Britain, it's all in one binder. Pre - QEII except for machins. I'm using Steiner pages for everything.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
14 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   10:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gr1956stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful information and much appreciated. There is a lot to digest and think about. That is one reason that I'm here on the forum.Onward and upward.
Valued Member
50 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrentAbba to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As for albums, I have an older (1980 ish) Gibbons 'Standard' (that's what the title page said) set of 4 ring pages and binder.

One of the advantages / challenges with that album was that it came printed with Gibbons catalogue numbers. Nice when I'm matching up with my Concise GB catalogue, but a challenge since I'm mainly buying in the Scott centric US.

When I found I was missing spaces for varieties, I have used AlbumEasy to build replacement or fill in pages that I print on heavy cotton bond paper.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2829 Posts
Posted 07/14/2020   07:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
oldmanriver, this is similar to my collecting interest and organization but I go to 1980 at times. I use Steiner as a basis with everything in Vario G binders. I have the countries sorted alphabetically for now but plan to group by region (British Africa, etc).
Al
United States
4 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   10:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pogopossum to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect GB until 2010 (where my Steiner pages end). I concentrate on pre-1970. I do collect Machins separately, but they are such a rabbit hole that I don't do it actively. I think GB issues are very attractive stamps, with a nod to history, but I have no desire to collect, like the US, labels like Freddie Mercury and Bugs Bunny (both of whom, I really enjoy)
PP
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1833 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect up-to current on my GB collection. Also my used Machin collection. Only up-to 1952 on my KGVI collection.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1499 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1952 is the cutoff point for me.

chipg, what a magnificent display! Thank you for sharing
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 912Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05