Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Priority Mail And Priority Mail Express

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 222Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
9 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   1:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gjmmaddog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looking to build a collection.

Any suggestions as to setting up the collection.

Unused stamps are available from various dealers, as well as "used" stamps. I have 90% of unused and a few unused.

The used ones I have, are off cover but not cancelled.

Looking for opinions as to the topic posted.

Thanks in advance

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
389 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I too collect these high-dollar issues; both singles and plate blocks. You might want to download my FREE topical album pages for US Priority Mail and Priority Express Mail. The current set is complete through 2020 and has frames for 2021 issues.

You can get it at https://www.thestampweb.com/albums/free-downloads

Scroll down to "USA - United States" and download "USA Priority & Express Mail". If you want just the pages, download the pdf file. If you have the AlbumEasy software, and want to be able to make changes or additions to the pages, download the .txt file. The stamp frames are sized to allow the use of Scott/Prinz mounts without covering the frames.

Here is an example of the album pages from my personal album. The version available for download does not have the Scott numbers due to copyright issues (but you can add them yourself using the .txt file and AlbumEasy). The pages contain full color images for each stamp, but you can also set your printer to "gray scale" to print in black and white, therby saving your colored inks.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by uboatnut - 07/13/2020 1:28 pm
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gjmmaddog to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link.

What is your opinion of cancelled versions? Seems like those are hard to find and is it best to have on cover?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4637 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
High dollar Priority stamps on cover?
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   3:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gjmmaddog to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
By on cover, I' trying to understand if the usual cover for these stamps would be the large type priority envelope typically used to mail or are there covers that would be standard envelope size.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4637 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, gotcha. I have had some that were used on Priority Mail packages, mostly by philatelic related senders. I have to think that most people do not use these stamps. I do not see them much. I like them. Have to think that they will go the way of the Dodo though. I would imagine that if you buy one or four that you have every intention of using it unlike regular stamps that lay around in the drawer.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 222Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05