Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

South Africa Help Needed

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 271Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
2287 Posts
Posted 07/13/2020   9:23 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add eyeonwall to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this a Scott 37a or 53a?

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
279 Posts
Posted 07/14/2020   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good question. Typically I look at the Afrikaan language portion to decide, but since that is missing you have to find some other missing component. I am not aware of one, but I have uploaded both options for you. Study them and maybe you can spot something that will clarify the situation. As I compared the two, I noticed a color difference, and a variance in the detail of the overall impression which makes me thing your stamp is Scott 53a.

The first one is Scott 37 (no hyphen between SUID and AFRIKA), the second one is Scott 53 (hyphen between SUID and AFRIKA).

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn more about King George VI stamps at www.KGVIStamps.com
Edited by KGVIStamps - 07/14/2020 10:54 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2287 Posts
Posted 07/14/2020   12:54 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for posting the two varieties. I think I agree with you that it is the 53a, which unfortunately is the cheaper one.
Valued Member
United States
279 Posts
Posted 07/15/2020   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unless you have the pair, the stamps will not get too much of a sales price. So don't feel too bad about it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2802 Posts
Posted 07/15/2020   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have mostly used versions of these types but the album spaces expect a pair.
Al
Valued Member
United States
279 Posts
Posted 07/15/2020   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can always buy singles and put them together. They are pretty cheap that way.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2287 Posts
Posted 07/16/2020   4:48 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is on a censored cover
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 271Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05