Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

USA Chrome & Flag, Pre Sorted, First Class Gum Varieties Scott# 2606-08

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 356Next Topic  

United States
0 Posts
Posted 07/19/2020   2:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add redrocksman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In my stamp book (States Album, Canadian Wholesale Supply) there is a place for the above stamp (assuming Scott# 2606-08) where the only information identifying a variety of the stamp is "Smooth Matte Gum". I'm not sure what this means. Assuming again the "matte" means dull and not glossy/shiny but I can't figure out which one it means. Thanks in advance for any help.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1351 Posts
Posted 07/19/2020   2:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Probably 2606 or 2608. I think matte would likely be the low gloss gum. 2607 has shiny gum. 2606 is blue while 2608 is violet.
Added: Not sure this will help, but 2606 & 2607 were issued in 1992 while 2608 was issued in 1993.
Oops ... just realized that 2607 also comes with low gloss gum. So, in theory, it could be any of the three. But since the album refers to the gum type, I would guess it is likely the low gloss gum version of 2607. Especially if there are 3 more spaces for 2606 thru 2608.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by JLLebbert - 07/19/2020 2:35 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 356Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05