Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Russian Empire Rare Stamp?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 775Next Topic  

Argentina
4 Posts
Posted 07/21/2020   8:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Andy2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could help me with this stamp. I looked it up in Scott and couldnīt find it.
I suppose it is from the Russian Empire but I am not sure.

It is similar to Scott 5 but have the following differences:

Denomination 2k, horizontally laid paper.

Not Scott 26 or 31, different coloring (it is yellow). It has numbers in the background. Thank you for your help!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7359 Posts
Posted 07/21/2020   8:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You might try looking under Finland

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Argentina
4 Posts
Posted 07/21/2020   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andy2020 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Peter! I have already checked Finland in Scott and I didn't find it there either...
Andy
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3060 Posts
Posted 07/21/2020   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andy,

This Russian 2 kopeck stamp has Scott type A2 so it seems the only candidate is Scott #26 black & red (SG 30).

I assume the colour has severely faded as a result of sunlight or solvent.

Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
France
1584 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely Michel # 24 after a chemical or natural discoloration
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3060 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed vayolene,

Mi 24 = Sc #26 = SG 30
Nigel
Edited by nigelc - 07/22/2020 9:14 pm
Argentina
4 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andy2020 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for your answers! How can I do to be certain about the discoloration? Thank you again for your time.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
585 Posts
Posted 07/27/2020   12:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Black turned to brown also. To have a stamp with two wrong colors is very unlikely.
Argentina
4 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   6:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andy2020 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again!
Valued Member
Norway
5 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add torsjako to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What type of Russian Empire 7K stamp is this?
Its a bit more Blue than whats shown on the photo. Cancel Moscow 8.8 1884...

Pillar Of The Community
France
1584 Posts
Posted 01/28/2021   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely a cut-out from a postal stationery envelope.
Maybe this one (Michel U30)
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 775Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05