Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Never Issued In Booklet Form?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 730Next Topic  
Valued Member

220 Posts
Posted 07/21/2020   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Perf10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is 12 cents the lowest counting number denomination never issued in the US in booklet form? I can think of a booklet version of all such denominations less than 12. I can't think of any for 14 or 16 cents either, but I could easily be be overlooking one.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
8291 Posts
Posted 07/21/2020   10:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't recall an 11 cent booklet.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
220 Posts
Posted 07/21/2020   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
11 cent C78 came in a booklet pane of 4 with 2 labels.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8291 Posts
Posted 07/21/2020   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wasn't even thinking of airmails.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
692 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   08:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarnick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The fractionals ... 1/2c Franklin, 1-1/2c Martha Washington., 4-1/2c White House, etc.
Valued Member
220 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the fractionals are not counting numbers, of course, but no fractional issued in booklet form comes to mind.

On the topic of booklet issues, which was the first? I was thinking maybe the 3c Thomas Jefferson prexie, but a quick look in a guide reveals there's at least one other issued in booklet form before TJ. I'll leave it as a trivia question.
Pillar Of The Community
4589 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jefferson? I don't understand your trivia question.
U.S. booklets go back to 1900.
Valued Member
140 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   11:19 am  Show Profile Check philatomic's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add philatomic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 3c Jefferson prexie booklet is BK100 in the Scott catalog. So not even close to being the first. BK1 through BK9 are booklets of various sizes and varieties of the 2c Washington, Scott 279B.
Valued Member
220 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had not known 279B is from a booklet. It is not listed as such in my 34th ed USPS guide. I did not realize booklets went that far back.

In what format were the 30-subject booklet panes? 3 x 10 stamps? Over the years, I've pretty much ignored booklet panes, but now see they might make for an interesting collection.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8172 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you check www.PNC3.org you can find several lists of booklets an booklet panes

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3091 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   9:06 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since you were ignoring air mails, what booklet issue had a 7c stamp?
Valued Member
140 Posts
Posted 07/23/2020   11:51 am  Show Profile Check philatomic's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add philatomic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The booklet panes of 279B are listed in the Scott US Specialized catalog as 279Bj and 279Bk. The difference between those two is the orientation of the watermark. 279Bj has a horizontal watermark while 279Bk has a vertical one. I haven't seen a USPS guide in a number of years, but I don't believe it goes to that level of detail.

The booklet panes of 30, 498f and 499f are 3 subjects high by 10 wide.
Edited by philatomic - 07/23/2020 11:56 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 730Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05