Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Modern 1c To 3c Definitives Availability At Post Offices

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 555Next Topic  
Valued Member

300 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Torin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Are the 1c to 3c modern definitive panes

Scott 3749 1c Tiffany Lamp
Scott 3753 2c Najavo Necklace
Scott 3754 3c Silver Coffee Pot

readily available at USPS post offices or do post office locations mainly just stock Flag forever stamps.

I notice that on eBay panes of these stamps sell for more than what you can buy them for on the USPS website including shipping. Same for some of the recent Forever commemoratives. Is this because of convenience and lack of bricks and mortar availability?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1776 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had no problem getting those three stamps at my local post office as recently as three months ago. I use them for make-up postage when using old 37-cent stamps on my mail.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
3376 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Torin, Why not visit your local post office and ask about their stock?
Valued Member
300 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   3:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John Becker: Rather not wait in line 30 minutes just to ask that question.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2523 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   9:08 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Last couple of times I was in the main PO in my town there was either no line or 1 person ahead of me, not like t used to be.
Valued Member
300 Posts
Posted 07/22/2020   11:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eyeonwall: In my neck of the woods, there are always long lines.
Valued Member
300 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've had no problem getting those three stamps at my local post office as recently as three months ago. I use them for make-up postage when using old 37-cent stamps on my mail.

If these are available at USPS post offices and from the USPS website for a $1.30 shipping fee, why do people pay more to buy them on eBay than what it could cost directly from the USPS website?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5699 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you seen what people will do on eBay? The Darwin Awards have nothing on some of it.
Valued Member
300 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rogdcam: Always enjoy your spot-on comments.
Pillar Of The Community
1388 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rogdcam said:

Quote:
Have you seen what people will do on eBay? The Darwin Awards have nothing on some of it.

If you are just talking about stupidity, then maybe so. But the Darwin Awards are supposed to be for people who do something stupid and remove themselves from the gene pool. So far as I know, nobody has died from doing something stupid on eBay.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 555Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05