Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

City Searchable First Day Covers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 195Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
8 Posts
Posted 07/27/2020   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add matter314 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all - I'm interested in collecting first day covers from specific cities I've lived in or visited. I was wondering if there are any guides or databases that are searchable by the first day of sale cities so I can find which US stamps would have covers associated with those locations. I haven't been able to find this yet in my searching, but was hoping that maybe someone here could help me out- Thanks!
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
Posted 07/27/2020   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rdavid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Scott US Specialized catalog lists some of the cities From where FDCs were mailed.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
990 Posts
Posted 07/27/2020   9:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Generally I would think most official fdc's are from designated offices and may be found as rdavid suggests if your talking USA only. But you will find unofficial fdc's from just about any city out there. If your talking different worldwide cities that will be a fun and possibly lenghtly search and hunt.
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add matter314 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks- I'll need to get my hands on a copy of the catalog!
Valued Member
United States
25 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   10:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djlirette to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a database of of about 50,000 covers that I have handled including postmarks on about 2/3 of them when I started recording postmarks. If you list cities, I can let you know which catalog numbers I have had with those cities, if any.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 195Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05