Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seller On Ebay With Amusing Materials And Pricing

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 947Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1553 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add shermae to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If you are looking for penny-nickel stamps priced in the $40-$50 range, this seller is your man. Even better, EVERY stamp offered is MNH!!!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Stamps/260...om=R40&_nkw=

This particular lot is my favorite, described as "excellent:"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Germany-19...AOSwGD9eqaEv

Honorable mention:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Germany-19...AOSwQKterdZB

Send note to Staff
Edited by shermae - 07/28/2020 1:44 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1929 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   3:24 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I bet he bought some ratty old kid's album at a garage sale and knowing nothing about stamps, now thinks he's on Easy Street.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2940 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He just got free advertising here.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1553 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Free advertising to what end? This is not the kind of advertising he would want.
Learn More...
8378 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   4:10 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Free advertising to what end? ...

The number of views to his listings has now greatly increased, he could mistake this for 'a lot of interest'.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6944 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a lot of interest, just not the kind he is looking for. More like the "pointing and laughing" kind.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1929 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   6:23 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Against my better judgement I sent him this:

'None of the stamps you are listing are worth even near $40 each, Most look damaged and all are common as dirt. Not trying to hurt your feelings but you are throwing away a lot of listing fees and time trying to sell these. Wish you well.'

His reply?

New message from: 4meca (156Turquoise Star)
'OK. Make an offer on what you think the stamps you are interested in are worth.'

Clueless. He thinks I want to buy them at a lower price
Edited by Stamps1962 - 07/28/2020 6:25 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1414 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   12:21 am  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No sold listings.
Valued Member
United States
29 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   12:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JRockne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
20% off
Valued Member
Learn More...
262 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well at least he makes up for it with really high shipping costs.
Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   6:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That honorable mention one, that the seller describes as "Excellent" (I can almost hear Montgomery Burns from "The Simpsons" saying the word) has a sizeable chunk missing from the upper left corner, a folded over perf on the upper right corner, a big brown stain, just to the right of bottom center, and what might be a vertical tear running through the "D" of "Deutches." Other than that it's perfect! But what's up with that $5.79 shipping charge, a 55 cent stamp would suffice to ship all of the listings in one envelope.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4134 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You have to pay up for rare antiques or lose out.
Valued Member
444 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So... Stamps1962 ... what kinda deal you two work out for the lot since you were clearly heavily interested??? Did you at least get combined shipping or you chipping $6 an item??
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6944 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   9:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder what the seller would say if he knew that pretty much every one of these stamps are the sort of things that we give away to the kids of the group I volunteer with. When we can actually have meetings. :-(
Valued Member
Learn More...
482 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When this thread started a few days ago, I looked at one of his listings to check out what folks were saying in the posts above about his inventory. Just got an email from eBay saying that I can have the stamp for a bargain now - only $9.99 versus the original $40.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1349 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   4:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beware sellers who use the terms "antique" and "vintage" to describe classic stamps.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 947Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05