Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

So Confused How To Tell What Is What Can Anyone Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 604Next Topic  
United States
4 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Sdgoc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi have various stamps some look rare but I can't really tell anyone able to help

Send note to Staff
Edited by Sdgoc - 07/29/2020 6:03 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1665 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   12:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All of these stamps appear to be very common.

What do you mean by "some look rare"?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
United States
4 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   01:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sdgoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well for the second picture green 1cent one of them has 11x14 perf have not seen that around
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3611 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You may want to measure those perfs again
United States
4 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   6:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sdgoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure I counted right
Valued Member
Canada
73 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   6:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PMStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When you say "I'm sure I counted right" is that what you are doing - counting the peaks? That tells you nothing. I'm assuming that is what your bottom picture is trying to show with the circled area and the horizontal lines and that is not how you do it.

You need to use a perforation gauge to determine what the perforations are.
Edited by PMStamp - 07/29/2020 6:18 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4174 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stop counting. You need a perforation gauge. There are printable versions available.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4174 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   6:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clear "rare" from your mind. It's blinding.
United States
4 Posts
Posted 07/29/2020   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sdgoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys I honestly didn't know so that's why I'm asking
Valued Member
Brazil
45 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KanneWa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please, someone can send the directions of sites with Perforation's printables gauges ?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
506 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   11:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Plateflaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please, someone can send the directions of sites with Perforation's printables gauges ?

A couple of "better" printable gauges can be found athttp://www.stampsmarter.com/learnin...rfGauge.html

No substitute, however, for a professionally manufactured gauge.

Having tried many, I can personally recommend Stanley Gibbons' Instanta Perforation Gauge.

Valued Member
Brazil
45 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   6:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KanneWa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the site indication Plateflaw....
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 604Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05