Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Victoria Difficult Postmark (Se 19 12)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 278Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2029 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   02:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jimjamtwo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone figure out this postmark? It's complete, but the name of the office is largely illegible.

It's on a commercial cover for W. C. Pilgrim, who was a commission agent located at Marnoo. That could be a clue that the item was posted at a nearby location.

I regret I am unable to post an image of the complete cover. I just can't get it down to 200 KB.

Send note to Staff
Edited by jimjamtwo - 07/30/2020 02:42 am

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
648 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just looking I can see .VICTORIA.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2029 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjamtwo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I know! It's driving me crazy.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1499 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like it might starts with Mi and then maybe an l but that's all I can see.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
648 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you scan in a picture of the full cover?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2029 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjamtwo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
MI? That's a suggestion worth following up on, as I've been starting with WU!

Moyock13, sorry, but I haven't been able to get the scan down to the required size of 200 KB.
Edited by jimjamtwo - 07/30/2020 9:46 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
648 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The third and second to last letters look like HH. Could be a TPO cancel.

Since you cannot get a scan of the whole cover, is there any indication on the cover of a train line?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2029 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   12:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjamtwo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There isn't, but it seems possible to me that, if it was not posted locally, it was posted on a train. But the cancel does not look like a TPO cancel.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2029 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   10:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjamtwo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cover scan done!

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
648 Posts
Posted 08/16/2020   07:56 am  Show Profile Check 64idgaf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 64idgaf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like it for Wycheproof. 55 miles from Marnoo.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 278Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05