Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Revenue Counterfeit R86A(Cf1)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 301Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
113 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add RevHound to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone point me towards where I can find out more information about this counterfeit. The Scott Specialized Catalog gives nearly no information. A search of google and Linns was unsuccessful.

Any help would be appreciated.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6848 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6848 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The counterfeit makes George look like he has the measles; the dots are all over the place.
Valued Member
United States
45 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ericjackson to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an image of the finest recorded example

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6848 Posts
Posted 07/30/2020   10:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is one known used.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RevHound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Bart.

That is a very good counterfeit. Very hard to tell the difference from the real one. Is there only 2 known? And do you have a pic of the used one?

So not much is known on the history of this counterfeit.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6848 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen it, but I do not own it, so I don't have an image. It looks good from a scan, but up close with a glass there is no question that it is counterfeit. As I said, the dots that make up the face are very poorly done. On a genuine stamp, they are in neat rows.
Valued Member
United States
45 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   1:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ericjackson to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The genuine stamp is engraved, the counterfeit is not so they are easy to distinguish.

There are at least four examples that I am aware of. One is perforated with a handstamp cancel and is illustrated in the Scott U.S. Specialized Catalogue, 2020 edition.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
513 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   1:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SPQR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my copy of the counterfeit.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 301Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05