Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unitrade 75VII And Other Oddities

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 307Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
7122 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
We are aware that "Queen Victoria numeral issue" has many re-entries such as my Unitrade 75vii picture below....I have gone through a small portion of my Scott 75 stamps.

Here is my example of the major re-entry...Unitrade 75iii

Here is another example of a misplaced re-entry on Ralph's re-entries.com....The one on the left is from Ralph's website and the one {more extreme} on the right is from my collection.

Now lets get down to other not recognized oddities/varieties.Here is my stamp with a possible re-entry doubling of the HORZ. lines.

Next are a continuation of lines going past both left and right bottom borders...Not sure what causes this..??

Last one is a HORZ.line going across Queen's neck below her ear ring...Not recognized before...??

Robert

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 07/31/2020 9:21 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4993 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert, why do you call this stamp Scott 75vii ?
Scott only lists a Canada Scott 75 but there is a Unitrade 75vii

Unitrade lists varieties in lower case Roman numerals,
Scott does not.

There is a difference and you dont want to confuse collectors
when they look in Scott for a 75vii and can't find it.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7122 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Me bad...lithograving
Made the changes..my fault.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4993 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert, good for you in making the changes.
Lets give credit where it's due.

Since 2006 when the new version of the Unitrade
Specialized Catalogue of Canadian Stamps
came out I haven't
used the Scott catalogue for Canadian stamps anymore at all.
Even before I would buy the Lyman's Catalogues and
The Canada Specialized Catalogue
which used it's own numbering system not Scott.

I can't see why anyone collecting Canada would not use
Unitrade.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1272 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding your Horizontal lines possible re-entry, is it possible that the lines in the leaf are also expanded due to over-inking or a slip print?
Valued Member
413 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   01:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In the second set of 1's where you describe a more extreme re-entry - imho I think your copy is more of ink lines smearing versus the re-entry. Just my opinion on that one.
Pillar Of The Community
3291 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps it can also be Scott Unitrade 75vii or Scott/Unitrade 75vii since "75" is derived/based from its Scott number and "vii" in lower case Roman numerals denotes/identifies its specific Unitrade variety.

The VGGPRF uses the description "Canada Scott Specialized No. _____" when listing specific Scott Unitrade catalogue number varieties with lower case Roman numerals on its expertization certificates.
Edited by jogil - 08/01/2020 09:24 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5970 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good to me. Here is my 75vii (Unitrade number) on cover. Soon to send it off for cert.

Pillar Of The Community
7122 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wow stallzer
That is a great Unitrade 75vii cover...Ya, send it off to get a certificate..Then sent it to me, belongs in Canada..hahaha

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3539 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is my 75vii (Unitrade number) on cover. Soon to send it off for cert.

Stallzer. I have the 2014 Unitrade, and your stamp looks more like 75viii, which is described as "major misplaced entry, UR corner in LR numeral box". You can see the arc of top of the stamp in the lower area also. Nice example ... jealous!

Note: Perhaps the numbering system changed in the years since I purchased this book?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5970 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol, you are correct, it is a 75viii. I often forget how many i's to add. Sorry to butt into the thread with the wrong stamp.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 307Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05