Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Identifying Nicaraguan Stamp?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 161Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
437 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add EMaxim to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can't find this in Scott. Is it a fiscal stamp?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
428 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postal stationery, from the 1900 issue. This is a cut square clipped from a stamped envelope or wrapper.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
437 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EMaxim to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you! I'd never have found it, because Scott provides only one image for that series and it's an image of the 3c, which has a very different design. The image of Mt. Momotombo is the same, but everything else--the frame, the tablets, everything—is different. And there's no mention of that fact. Scott could've done better here. Anyway, thanks again.
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   12:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, Scott doesn't list postal stationery or postal cards for anything other than the US, so you wouldn't have seen it there even if they a better job with pictures. :)
Pillar Of The Community
France
1205 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   02:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With a different value
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
437 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   10:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EMaxim to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, vayolene, Very nice. Wish mine hadn't been cut.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
437 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   10:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EMaxim to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So in this case I've been unfair to Scott. I understood codehappy's post to mean that my stationary replicated the design of the 5c blue from the 1899 series (Scott 125). I therefore criticized Scott for not mentioning that the designs of that series differ from the sample image (A14). In fact, they don't differ at all, and my postal stationary version of the 5c is an altogether different design. And, as billsey says, Scott doesn't include postal stationary. My inference was wrong and, to make matters worse, I even own a copy of Scott 125. If I'd taken the time to look, I'd've seen that the designs don't differ, though without codehappy I still wouldn't have known that mine was postal stationary related to that series. So, despite my embarrassment, it was worthwhile posting my question.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 161Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05