Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Certificate File Folder Storage Options?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 255Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
475 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Philazilla to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wonder if someone has a good option for filing dozens/hundreds of PF/PSE/APS/PSAG certificates? A vast majority of certificates are half US letter size or 8.5" x 5.5". I am imagining a metal, plastic, or heavy cardboard box that to store the certificates on edge rather than in a stack where you can insert cardboard dividers with labels.

I don't find any appropriately-sized boxes online at the usual places. Has anyone solved this problem already?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
341 Posts
Posted 07/31/2020   9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In another thread some months back there was some discussion of displaying certificates which morphed into storage methods for certificates.
Rogdcam described using clear plastic page sleeves in a notebook. His soluiton sounded way better than my hanging file, so I converted. I just happened to have a good supply of those sleeves on hand so I just needed his suggestion, but these are cheap supplies.
Months later it continues to work very well for me for all sizes of certs and you can insert an invoice too if you want...

Hope this helps.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1376 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Philazilla: I'll repeat my comment from the other thread. I store my 100+ certs in three pocket folders. Most of my certs are for Portuguese colonies, mostly from the ISPP, but with a few from Lisbon based expertizers like J. Miranda da Mota. I keep Portuguese India in one folder, since those are over half of my colonial certs, and the remainder in the other. Each folder is placed in the back of one of my two Portuguese binders, and I rubber band them together. Thus, the certs stay with the collections.

The 3rd folder contains the rest, a mix of certs for my Mexico and Poland specialty collections, but also a few strays like a Swiss cert from the APS and a couple US certs, also from the APS. Not sure where that folder will ultimately end up since my Mexico and Poland materials are in serious need of re-organization. But the folder stays in the cabinets where the albums are located.

For personal reasons, I do not do business with either PSE or PSAG.
Valued Member
352 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   11:37 pm  Show Profile Check matttodd1's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add matttodd1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just put each certificate in a half size page protector, and then put them in half size binders. Works great!
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   02:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to store them on 3-row vario pages, but reordering them was a nightmare. I don't like any of the one-folder-per-cert options because of the bulk. I have 3-400 certs. I think I will build a custom box out of a large Amazon shipping box.
Edited by Philazilla - 08/02/2020 02:20 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
69 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   08:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NumOnes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I keep them in a sheet protector at the end of the album that contains the stamp. Just the stack of them in one protector. Figure if I come to an untimely demise it will be easier if they are together. I also scan a copy to keep on the cloud if there was ever theft, fire, natural disaster, etc.
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   12:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I went ahead a built a box from an Amazon box and skinned it with contact paper.

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 255Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05