Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Selling Rare Brazil Scott #2 Bulls Eye / Bullseye On Ebay

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 895Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   12:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add niosurfer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If you are interested, take a look: http://(Offsite URL shortening not allowed-2018-09-28)/awkdTk?cmpnId=5338273189
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4175 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   01:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok? Yes No

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-Br...AOSw2VpfIOYO

Interesting first time bidder.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by redwoodrandy - 08/01/2020 01:12 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4925 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   08:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
$15 shipping?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4175 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No returns. Seems to be a trend happening. Why?
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   11:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add niosurfer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

No returns. Seems to be a trend happening. Why?

Returns are a pain in the butt for the seller. For the buyer is the best thing ever.

Quote:

Interesting first time bidder.

I retracted his bid
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2996 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Ebay/Paypal system lets me return anything I want to. Thus a seller's statement of "no returns" means absolutely nothing.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5100 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"No returns" in ebay-world is a pointless statement. As John says, ebay/Paypal rules undercut it, whilst its only likely effect on potential buyers is to supress bidding. And hiw often does it happen? I've had a handful of items returned out of 2,000+ sold, and on each occasion it was my fault.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5100 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"No returns" in ebay-world is a pointless statement. As John says, ebay/Paypal rules undercut it, whilst its only likely effect on potential buyers is to suppress bidding. And how often does it happen? I've had a handful of items returned out of 2,000+ sold, and on each occasion it was my fault.
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add niosurfer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

"No returns" in ebay-world is a pointless statement. As John says, ebay/Paypal rules undercut it, whilst its only likely effect on potential buyers is to supress bidding. And hiw often does it happen? I've had a handful of items returned out of 2,000+ sold, and on each occasion it was my fault.

Good to know! I'll keep that in mind for my next auction.

Now check this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAZIL-184...254665161163

It does not even look authentic. How can he fetch so many bidders and money with this auction and mine is totally ignored?

It does not even look authentic. How can he fetch so many bidders and money with this auction and mine is totally ignored?
Edited by niosurfer - 08/01/2020 11:55 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4175 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   12:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Poor feedback. He has lots of Private friends. Smelly.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3611 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Smaller margins, stains, other front issues.

Back image looks like it was pieced together from multiple stamps, or had multiple repairs. Hinges seem to be holding it together.

Other than that, it looks fine ...
Valued Member
Learn More...
398 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   12:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bottom right appears to be drawn in - not a repair piece of a second/donor stamp.
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add niosurfer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Bottom right appears to be drawn in - not a repair piece of a second/donor stamp.

That's all said in the auction description. However I don't think that's the reason a fake Bullseye is selling for $500 and mine is totally ignored. I'm trying to understand how eBay work. I thought it was a fair market, meaning two very similar products would get the same attention, no matter who is the seller.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5100 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It isn't the second stamp in the world, by the way. Maybe the fifth ...
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add niosurfer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It isn't the second stamp in the world, by the way. Maybe the fifth ...

Penny Black was the first. This was the second (30, 60 and 90 reis) series.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5100 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   2:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Look again. 1840, 1d black, 2d blue. 1841, 1d red, 2d blue (with lines).
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 895Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05