Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unitrade 56ii Jubilee Issue - Third Copy Known As Per Re-Entries.com..??

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 342Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
7119 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is what is called Unitrade 56ii...It is position 11 with "re-entry in Crown"...There is more to the re-entry... Such as the re-entry is present in NADA of Canada also...Ralph Trimble owner of re-entries.com has stated he has only seem 2 examples and he owns one.

Below is my mint Unitrade 56ii, other 56 did not have this re-entry.

Below in the left stamp is the "re-entry in Crown" in Ralph's site and the right stamp is mine..Both with the Unitrade 56ii re-entry.

Below is Ralph's example of the re-entry present on NADA of Canada.

here is my NADA re-entry.

Conclusion, I believe there are other Unitrade 56ii out there...Would have been nice if Unitrade Catalouge could have placed a monetary value on Unitrade 56ii and also Unitrade 56i for collectors.

Robert

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 08/01/2020 10:17 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5966 Posts
Posted 08/01/2020   11:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say it's a pretty good match
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
381 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   12:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add archerg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seek and ye shall find, I'd say that is a match, with no set market value established. Not all Canada collects Jubilees, and not all Jubilee collectors actively seek re-entries, so the subset of buyers willing to pay a 5x premium for it is small. The base stamp is relatively easy to buy.

Unitrade doesn't guess as to value. It is estimated by dealers contributing prices (or ranges) to the editor, ideally based on actual sales.
Edited by archerg - 08/02/2020 12:54 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
649 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   05:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Robert, Nice find. The straight line running through the crown is not part of the re-entry it is an unerased guide line. The re-entry in crown shows best in the left side. There is a small diagonal line under the third ball from the left in the crown that is part of the re-entry. It is the easiest portion of the re-entry to see in the crown.

Best, Mike
Pillar Of The Community
7119 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   08:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mike
The small line under the third ball you are referring to, is the blue arrow showing this re-entry,,,???

Was not worrying about money value, I collect and never cell.
Robert

Pillar Of The Community
United States
649 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   09:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The blue arrow. Note the guide line goes through the top ornament center of crown.
Pillar Of The Community
7119 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gotcha Mike.
I will send it and other stamps of interest to Ralph at re-entries.com once he comes back on line...I will wait for him to clear some of his back load before sending him more,

Thanks Mike
Robert
Pillar Of The Community
3288 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wert: Do you know if your variety stamp copy is the only mint copy of this stamp variety found yet?
Edited by jogil - 08/02/2020 10:21 am
Pillar Of The Community
7119 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   10:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you know if your variety stamp copy is the only mint copy of this stamp variety found yet

Jogil, a really good question...I have in the past tried to find more {mint} stamps with this re-entry and have had no luck at all...Would really love to see how many are actually out there.

On Ralph's site stamp number 2 seems to be mint..At least I don't see any trace of a cancel...He mentions he has only seen 2 so far.

Hopefully any one reading this post could help with additional information.

Robert
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   10:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hab to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Forgive me wert... Not attempting a thread hijack or anything. I am just posting a copy I have with some irregularities to compare!

Edited by Hab - 08/02/2020 11:17 am
Pillar Of The Community
7119 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   11:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hab

Can you be more specific with irregularities you see, and possibly close up pictures pointing out what you are looking at.

Robert
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hab to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry wert... Trying a step at a time haha! The forum tools here are difficult to me.

I just posted a closer up image of the crown. It looks grainy but seems to have similar lines as yours.

One thing I see different right away is the "I" in RIV under the crown, mine has some kind of entry/ink blob.

Still playing! :)
Pillar Of The Community
7119 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hab

Quote:
One thing I see different right away is the "I" in RIV under the crown, mine has some kind of entry/ink blob.

I have seen that oddity on a stamp before...You might ant to send it to Ralph Trimble at re-entries.com to see what he says.

But, please what a couple of weeks, he has a huge back load.

BTW..I think I have found 2 more re-entries on Scott 53 Jubilee stamps.

Edited by wert - 08/02/2020 12:18 pm
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hab to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now you have me playing wert! My lovely bride would rather I be fixing a fence right now but I am officially distracted! Haha!

Looking at a #59 of mine, check out what looks to be a flaw in the vertical band at the center of the crown. It appears to have an issue with the top jewel of the 3 jewels as well as a horizontal line across said area.

How are you putting arrows for indicators if I might ask?

Pillar Of The Community
7119 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hab
I presume you use Windows {I don't use Windows}..I use SHUTTER SOFTWARE....FREE to download.

https://shutter.en.lo4d.com/windows

Valued Member
Canada
24 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not trying to hijack this thread, just upload my very first photo. I have about 30 mint Jubilees, but varieties that are so small you need a microscope to see just don't excite me for any stamp. I guess I should take a look though. I'm attaching a photo of my Canada 223iv and hopefully everyone can see the loop or bird cage on the horse's back.

Edited by Casey Magoo - 08/03/2020 5:18 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 342Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05