Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Saudi Arabia 1960 Issue .... Expert Help Required Pleaase !

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 262Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
10 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   04:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Sleekit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone !
I hope someone here can help me with this query.
I'm trying to discover the correct Stanley Gibbons Numbers for thesse 3 items.
I only have the simplified world catalogue and it's not as helpful as I would like !
The first 2 on the left appear to be SG410 but the centre colours are different, 1 has an olive green tone the other light brown.Both have the Arabic inscription lower in the frame compared to the stamp far right which has the inscrition higher up in the frame which suggests by Gibbons catalogue that its 1964 SG555a issue.
Can anyone confirm or correct my thoughts please, I want to sell, but have no idea of current value so would appreciate your help there too.
Thank you very much !

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4765 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   08:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks to me like the vignettes are registered differently or shifted rather than the inscription being deliberately printed lower.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
316 Posts
Posted 08/02/2020   6:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott lists two 100p stamps, one with a greenish blue (#225) vignette or center, and the other with a red-brown (#241). They are listed at $60 and $50 respectively in my 2006 catalog for mint stamps. The 1965 stamps are distinguished from the 1960 stamps by the cartouche in the upper right of the vignette. Although difficult to see in your photograph, yours all look to be the cartouche of King Saud from the 1960 series.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 262Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05