Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inherited Stamps.. Help Needed!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 585Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   05:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Cnicholsc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Send note to Staff

United States
4 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   06:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cnicholsc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all! Im new to the community and this is my first post. I see I accidentally doubled a few of the photos. I apologize about that. Would someone mind glancing through these photos and letting me know if there is any monetary value here? I inherited them and dont have any real idea which numbers these actually are in the scott's catalogue since there are so many different variations and subtle differences. Any help is much appreciated.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cnicholsc

Hope you use these stamps as your entry into our hobby as an active collector. Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences. Russ
Edited by hoosierboy - 08/03/2020 07:19 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4805 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   07:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Alas, no monetary value here I am afraid. A good start to collecting stamps though beginning with a bit of research.

http://stampsmarter.com
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
322 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   12:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A little off topic, but why is there a guide line between the 2 $5 prexies
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 08/03/2020   8:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bluejay2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to StampCommunity.org. I am fairly new here, but have been collecting for many years purely for the relaxing aspect to the hobby. Thus, I do not invest monetarily in the hobby. I hope you or an acquaintance are able to join this hobby with these specimens.

To help start the identification process, I have attempted to identify the first eight depicted stamps via StampSmarter.com

• 10 brown orange George Washington, SCOTT # 948b, issued in 1947

• 2 blue George Washington, SCOTT # R5, issued in the 1860's. This is actually not a postage stamp, but rather a revenue stamp.

• 5 dull carmine (or carmine) Postage Due, SCOTT # J83 (or J73), issued in the 1930's

• 3 George Washington, issued in the 1850's. I have no experience with this vintage, so I will leave commentary for other people.

• 3 deep violet George Washington, SCOTT # 720. This common stamp presents an opportunity to explain identification via perforations. It is #720 because it is perforated on all four sides. The primary alternatives would have been a coil perforated only vertically (SCOTT # 721) or a coil perforated only horizontally (SCOTT # 722).

• 2 dull carmine (or carmine) Postage Due, SCOTT # J81 (or J71), issued in the 1930's

• 8 carmine and maroon Amerlia Earhart Air Mail, SCOTT # C68, issued in 1963

• 3 grey Final Reunion United Confederate Veterans, SCOTT # 998, issued in 1951

Pillar Of The Community
United States
554 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   01:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danko to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You showed a mix of mostly common stamps with some not so common once. However, most have condition issue and overall everything worth only a few dollars at best.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 585Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05