Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Caveat Emptor: Subway Stamp

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 2,475Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1619 Posts
Posted 09/16/2020   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree Dale.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
United States
1 Posts
Posted 10/16/2020   11:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hrh51 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An update on Subway Stamp shop. I just talked to a nice lady there (Nanette?). It turns out their customer service email account was broken (the person owning it has left) and their attempt to forward it didn't work. Meanwhile, the email address jen@subwaystamp.com does work. They are definitely in business. I'd ordered a set of Vintage Reproduction pages from them and those are basically print on demand. They're doing a run this weekend.

Pillar Of The Community
4939 Posts
Posted 10/16/2020   11:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The person that owned the CS email left and it was broken. That is just pathetic. Sorry.
Valued Member
United States
429 Posts
Posted 10/16/2020   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are right, rogdcam! It is sooo pathetic, in fact, that I choose to not believe it. Do you really mean to tell me that in this world of on-line activity, that a company that probably does 75-90% of it's business online, that their main contact with their customers has been 'broken' for that long???? FWIW, I had an order that I e-mailed a status request to their 'jen@...' address in August and never received any response. This was the address on my order confirmation in May. Call me a cynic, but I think they simply didn't want to be bothered, or they didn't know everybody was e-mailing to a 'dead' address. But they should have known. If ***I*** knew I was getting e-mails for my business at a 'dead' address, I would hire whomever I had to, and paid him WHATEVER, in order to resolve the problem THAT WEEK! Would anyone here do it any differently???
Edited by mootermutt987 - 10/16/2020 4:06 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1417 Posts
Posted 10/16/2020   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Roger wrote on September 16: "I just read a slew of negative Google reviews......"

Reminds me that I met the couple who run Coast Philatelics (Costa Mesa, CA) at the SESCAL stamp show last October in Ontario, CA. I needed some Showguard mounts, which they didn't bring to the show. I contacted them afterwards and asked for a price. Sent them a check and had my mounts within about 10 days. Excellent service.

I had planned to go to WESTPEX back in April; even had my plane fare booked; but COVID..... Hope to see them again in 2021. I recommend them.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1619 Posts
Posted 10/16/2020   6:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If ***I*** knew I was getting e-mails for my business at a 'dead' address...

I'd blow a valve and a couple of gaskets.
Pillar Of The Community
4939 Posts
Posted 10/16/2020   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I placed orders this week two days apart with IHobb for a Scott album and some Hawid mounts. One order shipped within 10 hours and the other within 2 hours. No drama just as it should be.
Pillar Of The Community
837 Posts
Posted 10/18/2020   6:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Less than three weeks ago on September 30th, I ordered ten (10) packages (of 40 pages each) of Subway's own version of blank Scott Specialty pages. They're just as good but less expensive than Scott and have the same border. I didn't need them right away, so I was prepared to wait awhile. They arrived early this week less than two weeks after I ordered them. So something at Subway still works.

I hope they resolve whatever problems they're going through. As I said in a previous comment, one of their main people passed away recently which must have created problems. Over the years, they've been inconsistent at responding to emails (but so is Scott/Amos which takes weeks to reply to my emails). And they were shut down because of the pandemic which may have created unknown problems (maybe laying off people?), as well.

So clearly it's still an old-fashioned operation they need to overhaul and are taking forever to do so. I hope they figure it out because they're a good alternative source of supplies with good discounts from Scott/Amos prices even if shipping takes longer. I guess we'll see. I've never had any trouble talking to people at Subway once I get them on the phone. They've generally been very responsive to me. I do still have one outstanding page replacement problem (water damage), however, which seems to have fallen through the cracks somehow at Subway. In the past, I've cancelled a few orders that just took way too long to fill and then ordered from Amos/Scott instead at a higher price.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 2,475Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05