Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rs47 Or Rs47? Wondering If The Stamp Was Trimmed To Look Like A Die-Cut

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 285Next Topic  
Valued Member
76 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   12:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add kbt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been trying to figure out if the following is a RS47b or RS48b (imperforate or die-cut):

What has given me pause is the top/bottom corners at the center don't line up vertically. If it was trimmed it is very close to die-cut (I have three RS48's including the pink which is only listed as die-cut). On the others the center corners line up.

I guess a related (key?) question is how consistent are die-cut stamps from that era?

Note that even if this was originally an imperforate that was trimmed, it would certainly not be worth the imperforate price. For me it's more a curiosity question.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
573 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   2:12 pm  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Check out the ones listed on Eric's site:

https://www.ericjackson.com/rSearch...Group=&cond=
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
76 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kbt to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good suggestion 1typesetter.

While I was waiting for Eric's pages to load :) I also looked up RS48's at PF and Siegel. There seems to be a lot of variation. My stamp is well within the range of the others out there.

I noticed on my other RS48's that there is some variation on width as well.

Not really surprised.

Valued Member
Learn More...
388 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
While I was waiting for Eric's pages to load :)

Yes, Eric, Pleeeeaaassseee add a turbo or supercharger to that website.

Maybe plug the server into 220v or something?

The pages are always sooooooooooooooo slow to load.

Love, StateRevs
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4914 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   7:42 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad it's not just me. Waiting over 30 seconds for pages to load is excruciating and I can only imagine it's costing business.

The site has been sluggish for years (presumably it's the outdated underlying ecommerce codebase or SQL methodology) but the last several months it has been worse than usual.

EDIT: Something has changed within the last half hour on Eric's site. I was in the middle of testing it with GTMatrix (a website performance/speed testing tool) and the page load went from 63 seconds down to 7 seconds. I also checked it in several different browsers at my end, and it's definitely improved considerably. Still 3-5 seconds per page to load, but no longer agonizingly slow.

So please try again and confirm. I want to see if everyone else is seeing improvements, or if it's some sort of local or network caching.
Edited by revenuecollector - 08/05/2020 9:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6971 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   10:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a die cut, and typical for this particular companies stamps.
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rwoodennickel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am able to browse Eric's site much faster, even bought a stamp while visiting, LOL.
Thanks,
Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
836 Posts
Posted 08/05/2020   11:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rustyc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just visited Eric's site, and it was the usual super slow to load. In fact, I gave up waiting for the second page.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
573 Posts
Posted 08/06/2020   08:43 am  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's sporadic. Sometimes really fast, other times I'm brushing off cobwebs waiting for it to load.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 285Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05