Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Would Like To Propose A New Stamp Category

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 5 / Views: 398Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1047 Posts
Posted 08/06/2020   4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Timm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bogus, Fakes and Forgeries

What do you think?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
Posted 08/06/2020   4:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jmdregs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea.....I like it. I've got my share of forgeries!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1497 Posts
Posted 08/06/2020   5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think this is a great idea!

While there is a lot of modern tat floating around, the classic forgeries are fascinating in and of themselves.
Pillar Of The Community
803 Posts
Posted 08/06/2020   5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like buying "copies" of stamps or whatever the seller calls them. For many stamps I'll never be able to afford, this is the only way to fill a space. Of course they need to be labeled as such. The whole subject of fakes and forgeries is inherently interesting in addition to being useful to collectors. It has a clear history, as well. So yes it would make for an interesting topic and perhaps also help prevent fraudulent sales. There are posts asking whether a stamp is a fake, so why not gather them into a separate topic?
Forum Dad
USA
1552 Posts
Posted 08/06/2020   9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We had this discussion on the coin forum years ago and decided it would be much more beneficial and organized to have counterfeits in the same category they would be in if they were real. If someone comes here to research a classic US stamp, and its counterfeit and they don't know it, they still go to US classic stamp forum to try to learn about. There could be 20 topics on his exact counterfeit stamp but they'd be off in a different forum and he'd never see them.
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 08/06/2020   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good idea but post pictures
  Replies: 5 / Views: 398Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05