Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

France 1252 Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 318Next Topic  
Valued Member

84 Posts
Posted 08/08/2020   8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add doodah12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have this France #1252, but it is imperforate, part of a sheet?
Has anyone seen one of these before?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4145 Posts
Posted 08/08/2020   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France imperf deluxe souvenir sheet.

https://www.cherrystonestamps.com/s...?textsearch=®ion=&country=France&subcat=1950%2DPresent&topic=&orderby=convert%28money%2C+price%29+desc&group=50&pagenum=2

This sheet looks slightly different from the others I have seen. More info please forum members.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by redwoodrandy - 08/08/2020 10:16 pm
Valued Member
84 Posts
Posted 08/08/2020   10:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add doodah12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you correct the link, it only brings me to the main Cherrystone page, thanks.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4145 Posts
Posted 08/08/2020   11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The link reverts back to homepage. You can google "france deluxe souvenir sheets" and scroll down to Stamps of France 1950 to Present on the Cherrystone site.

Edited by redwoodrandy - 08/08/2020 11:57 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4145 Posts
Posted 08/08/2020   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France Post Office produced these sheets along with the regularly issued stamps. Made to generate revenue and satisfy collector demand after World War ll from 1950 to the present.
Valued Member
84 Posts
Posted 08/09/2020   01:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add doodah12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies.
How do you access value compared to the regular issues, and I also have some that are just the imperforates without the sheets, just the stamps, is the value then just the same as the regular issues?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5056 Posts
Posted 08/09/2020   02:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Imperforated versions of French stamps, where issued, are listed in catalogues and carry a significant premium over the standard issue. For instance, my 2015 Yvert prices yours @ €30, cf. €1.25. They don't customarily have a chunk of sheet margin - that's just a bonus in this case.
Valued Member
Romania
231 Posts
Posted 08/09/2020   02:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Same price in YT 2018 edition.

Pillar Of The Community
France
1262 Posts
Posted 08/09/2020   08:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
those "official imperforate stamps" were printed (til 1995) in very limited quantities,they were not sold but distributed as gifts to a few "dignitaries"
Valued Member
84 Posts
Posted 08/09/2020   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add doodah12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all insight.
So these are the ones I have :1243, 1252, 1264, B376, and B391.
Only 1252 is with the sheet, the others are just the stamps.
These are the Scott #'s.
Would you be about to give me the approx. values in US dollars?
Just trying to figure them out.
Thanks again for all your help.
Valued Member
Romania
231 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   01:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Values from Yvert-Tellier 2018 :imperforate MNH -30 Euro;only 1243 is 23 Euro.
Valued Member
84 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add doodah12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Valued Member
84 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   3:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add doodah12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are the Values from the Yvert-Tellier catalog as inflated as the Scott catalogs, or are they closer to real values.
Approximately what percentage are these catalog values to real value?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5056 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yvert is briadly in line with Gibbons, i.e. for most items you should multiply by 10% or 20% to get a real world price.
Edited by GeoffHa - 08/10/2020 3:44 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 318Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05