Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Collecting New Stamps From Foreign Countries

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 558Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
8398 Posts
Posted 08/11/2020   02:14 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.nordfrim.com/
A good company which supports this community.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
Posted 08/11/2020   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm very pleased with the service I get from wopa-plus . They carry new issues from about 40 countries and territories, mostly in Europe, but a few from further afield like Israel, New Zealand, the Netherlands Caribbean and Armenia. They're located in Gibraltar so shipping takes a while, but they charge face value and sometimes do promotions where if you spend a minimum value they waive the shipping fee. My only quibble, they cover a lot of European countries, but they don't carry one of my main collecting areas - Denmark. They also carry coins and paper currency from a few countries.
Valued Member
257 Posts
Posted 08/12/2020   04:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As others have stated, there are several new issue service providers. Generally, new issue service providers charge you more than the face value of the stamps, whereas philatelic bureaus of the issuing entities, normally, do not. However, they may keep track of issues you want and that philatelic bureaus do not send out on subscriptions. The opposite, however, may also be the case.

For some countries, you may find it hard to encounter a philatelic service. I still have not figured out whether Russia's Postal Service has a philatelic service.

The cost of postage may also run up if you receive every new issue from every philatelic bureau you have a subscription with. A new issue service provider may benefit from economies of scale.

Your location states the UK. New issue service provider may save you postage by combining new issues from different issuers and only sending you new issues at fixed times. One thing to consider is that a sending from the USA, Denmark or the Netherlands may cost you more in postage than one from a UK-based service provider.

Also, the UK may levy import duties on such new issue sendings. At present, they will not do so when these originate in another EU country, but this may soon change.

I can add a new issues provider based in the Netherlands to those already mentioned: https://www.postbeeld.com/customer-...ubscriptions.

My advice would be to first look at providers in the country where you live. If you only want basic new issues from a few issuing entities, you might prefer to have standing orders with those issuing entities' philatelic services.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 558Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05