Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

This Is Coming In A Lot I Purchased

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 729Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
856 Posts
Posted 08/09/2020   11:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Laurie 02 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
But I'm pretty sure it's a fake cancel...would the stamp be fake too?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1551 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   01:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamp is awfully elaborate to be fake. But I know very little about US.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
856 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   01:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sherman but used it's a $2000 stamp!
It would be worth forging.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4133 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   02:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by redwoodrandy - 08/10/2020 03:19 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
856 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   02:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very informative, thanks redwoodrandy
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6941 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   07:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cancel is fake, they weren't cancelled in this manner. They were brush cancelled. Also used examples always look like they were sat on by an elephant with stomach trouble. Look closely at the very bottom label, where is says "NATIONAL BANK NOTE COMPANY NEW YORK". Those letters should be very sharp and clear, if they are not then it;s a fake.
Edited by revcollector - 08/10/2020 07:24 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
856 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   07:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thx revcollector... I'll have to wait to get it in hand, I'll post a close up when I do.
Cheers
Valued Member
United States
461 Posts
Posted 08/10/2020   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wtcrowe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a fake cancel used on fake stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
636 Posts
Posted 08/11/2020   10:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Recieved the catalogue of Buhler Berlin auctions today. lot 633

Description: With K1 New York. very nice condition, rare. Catalogue value 3000 euro(according to Michel). starting price 280.

Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, the catalogue picture is simply not better.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6941 Posts
Posted 08/12/2020   09:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.briefmarken-buehler.de/fotos/56741.jpg
A better photo. It's a fake, of course.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4133 Posts
Posted 08/12/2020   1:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
856 Posts
Posted 08/16/2020   06:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So I have been chatting to Doc from the site redwoodrandy put on this thread and he advised it's a PR4 forgery Type I've and quite a good one!
Thanks everyone for joining in
I've got another one now I found in amongst documentary stamps!
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 729Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05