Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Reference Catalogs For Ww Telegraph/Revenue Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 237Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
262 Posts
Posted 08/11/2020   6:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Andyrich74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Curious what anyone in to collecting that Genre(s) uses. Initially, looking for a reference to Ecuador stamps to expand that collection, and probably to others as it seems to so often happen.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2981 Posts
Posted 08/11/2020   7:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For worldwide telegraph stamps, I recommend this Barefoot catalogue which is based on the old Hiscocks catalogue:

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a worldwide revenue catalogue published since the last edition of the Forbin catalogue in 1915.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Nigel
Valued Member
Learn More...
262 Posts
Posted 08/11/2020   8:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen that one; where did you procure it, if you remember? Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2981 Posts
Posted 08/12/2020   06:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The catalogue is out of stock at the publisher but it may well still be in shops.

Here's a link:

https://www.jbarefoot.co.uk/philate...he-world.htm

This says that a new edition is in preparation.

I don't have my copy to hand but the Hiscocks catalogue listed around 144 telegraph stamps from Ecuador (along with a number of varieties).
Nigel
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   02:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Byrum Catalogue.
Part Page 1 of 6
Valued Member
74 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   07:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add michaelschreiber to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This site covers much of the world.

https://gb-precancels.org/Telegraph...d/index.html
Edited by michaelschreiber - 08/13/2020 07:09 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
262 Posts
Posted 08/15/2020   1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Michael, actually have that page as a favorite on my browser; very informative.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 237Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05