Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Index For Smithsonian "A Stamp For Every Country Album"?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 411Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
57 Posts
Posted 08/11/2020   10:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add dbuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone developed an index for the Smithsonian A Stamp for Every Country Album? The pages are organized by geographic region: North America; South America; Europe; Africa; Asia; Australia & Oceana; Antarctica; and Other Entities. Although paginated, it is very difficult to quickly go to a country you are looking for without plowing through the various regions. For example, Europe is divided into Western, Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Europe. An alphabetical index of all countries/entities listed in the album would make it much easier to use. I believe someone in one of the forums mentioned that he was working on this. Has anything come of this effort? I like the single specimen approach to worldwide collecting and this album is nicely done apart from the lack of an index.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
Posted 08/12/2020   06:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, there is an index available, but I can't seem to find a link to it. I do, however, have a PDF copy and, when you reach 50 posts and are able to send me a message with your email address, I would be happy to send you a copy.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
170 Posts
Posted 08/24/2020   09:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add banknoteguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have tried to find [Google] this "album" but just get sent to dead links. I tried emailing coastwatcher but got a message that coastwatcher did not accept emails. Can anyone post a link that works to this Smithsonian album?
Valued Member
369 Posts
Posted 08/24/2020   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1840to1940 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The pdf does seem to have vanished from the Smithsonian website, but it can be found on the APS site:

https://stamps.org/Portals/0/albums...-Country.pdf

Valued Member
Learn More...
482 Posts
Posted 08/24/2020   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Coastwatcher - in case you're continuing to read this thread, your settings show you not wishing to accept email messages. That's why I wasn't able to reach you for one of my giveaways.
Valued Member
United States
48 Posts
Posted 08/24/2020   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add percyjgp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
170 Posts
Posted 08/24/2020   9:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add banknoteguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. That link does work.
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
Posted 09/11/2020   2:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dbuss to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Coastwatcher,

Now that I have reached 50 postings, I would like to take up your offer for the index to the Smithsonian album. However, I was unable to send you an email to make my request. I believe you can find my email on my listing.

D. Buss
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
Posted 09/12/2020   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to have to check on the email situation because I've received emails from members in the past and, as far as I know, I haven't changed anything in my settings. As a matter of fact, I can't even find where the email settings are at.
Learn More...
8398 Posts
Posted 09/12/2020   9:58 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CoastWatcher
It was turned off, I have turned it on for you now.
Don
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
Posted 09/12/2020   10:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Don.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 411Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05