Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ireland Stamp With Holes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 251Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add RonD to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I came across this one in my collection. It's either Ireland Scott 65 or 106. Haven't had much luck with the Ronsonol yet with the watermark to figure out which it is. Anyway, here is what it looks like from the back. I have this as an attached pair and was going to show the full picture both front and back. Then I saw the 200KB size limit. So this was what I was able to come up with to get under that size limit. So what do these holes represent? I tried looking online for some explanation but didn't get anywhere with that. Any help would be appreciated.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4133 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perfin cancel. See the Glossary under Navigation in the column to the left hand side of the page for definition. Perfin. Perforated Initials.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2712 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your perfin is LSS/Co (Limerick S/S Co Dublin)
Check out :
https://eirephilatelicassoc.org/sit...72_-_109.pdf
http://goscf.com/t/61846
Edited by perf12 - 08/13/2020 4:49 pm
Valued Member
United States
106 Posts
Posted 08/13/2020   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RonD to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for the information. That PDF was very informative and I plan on saving that for future reference.

Thanks again!
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2981 Posts
Posted 08/14/2020   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe from the Limerick Steamship Company?
Nigel
Valued Member
United States
245 Posts
Posted 08/15/2020   12:56 am  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an excellent video giving an overview of perfins. I honestly never knew what the term was short for until I watched this video! It's only got 9,900 views in the last 30 days :)

gwFtj2FvRuM

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Mike Pascoe, PhD
https://linktr.ee/pascoe
Edited by pascoe - 08/15/2020 01:00 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 08/15/2020   01:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice overview.
You can get the best knowledge here on SCF, it's just waiting for your "search"

There's not much you will be missing here on any question.
"search" is your friend.

Quote:
t's only got 9,900 views in the last 30 days :)

.....and they say stamp collecting is dying

Edited by rod222 - 08/15/2020 01:15 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 251Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05