Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Need To Buy A Stamp Album For My Father

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 479Next Topic  

4 Posts
Posted 08/15/2020   01:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add screen47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
My father has an Ajax stamp album but it is too full now and he needs another album. He wants the new album to be able to hold pages from the Ajax album since he wants to move the pages from the old Ajax album to the new one. I have been reading about stamp albums and it seems like every company does their own page size so that you are forced to buy pages from them. Ajax stamp albums are no longer produced so I can't just get another. The pages are 9.5 inches by 7.5 inches and have two holes on the side. Does anyone know of a stamp album that will fit those pages? Thanks

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

4 Posts
Posted 08/15/2020   10:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add screen47 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
after remeasuring the pages, I realize it's most likely measured in centimeters and not inches and comes out to 19 cm x 24 cm
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1825 Posts
Posted 08/15/2020   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a really odd size and I doubt you will find anything off-the-shelf. Perhaps a paper specialty store such as Staples?

Jack Kelley
United States
1 Posts
Posted 08/15/2020   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TomS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Read the following topic.

http://goscf.com/t/51903

Two holes sounds like a post binder.
Valued Member
United States
352 Posts
Posted 08/15/2020   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps go to eBay and find another Ajax album (or just the binder), then find some blank pages (or an adequate substitute size-wise and appearance-wise). Or, buy similar paper stock, print a similar type of border/header/descriptions, punch holes in the right places and add them to the old album.

If it were me? I'd revel in the idea of getting a larger album and HAVING to transfer from old to new. But I am weird (aka: stamp collector) that way. Another search on eBay should provide a long list of used albums - find another of the desired vintage, but larger than the one he now has, and transfer into the larger album. It's kind of like the Mrs is pregnant AGAIN, and although you are happy with your current house, you HAVE to buy a larger one to handle the new stamps... er, kid.

Your father's options may be limited.
4 Posts
Posted 08/16/2020   9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add screen47 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks so much everyone for the replies. After looking at a picture he sent me, I think it is 2 post like Tom S said. I attached a pic so someone please let me know if I'm wrong. I found one Ajax album on eBay and the seller said the pages are the same size. I think I might get that and then when that is filled tell him we should get a new album

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
984 Posts
Posted 08/16/2020   10:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
After seeing that photo showing the post locks holding the cover I am thinking this is a three post binder. I went searching the web and found similar album pictures of one for sale and it has 3 posts. Are you sure it is two and not 3? Here is the link to pictures of the one for sale showing the 3 posts.

THE AJAX STAMP Album With 1400+ Postage Stamps - 220.00 | PicClick UK
https://picclick.co.uk/The-Ajax-Sta...8548987.html
4 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   03:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add screen47 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks so much for the reply. Forgive my ignorance but I didn't know three post was possible, all the stuff I read online was comparing two post vs three ring. Looking at that link you sent, it seems like it might be the exact album my father has judging by the cover photo he sent me today that I attached to the bottom. I wish someone was selling one of those albums without all the stamps in them or something else that used 19 cm x 24 cm. I sent emails two days ago to the companies i've been told are the big ones, so hopefully someone has something. Thanks again for the link and info, I really appreciate it

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
984 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Screen47, welcome to the forum by the way. Are you in Britian by chance? That is where most of the following that I mention is located.

Also search for "errimar series" and a couple different albums which appear to be about same size or similar come up including the Chelsea stamp album. Looks like a springback with 147 blank pages which can house any countries. This appears to be pretty similar size to senator/simplex springback gibbons albums that can hold blank pages.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 479Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05