Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Long Time On-And-Off Collector, Currently On!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 535Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
8602 Posts
Posted 10/20/2020   6:08 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 50 post rule is for the protection for members in the community. Given that the over-whelming majority of protection is going on behind the scenes (Bobby filters large amounts of the spammers, advertisers, and other purely commercial accounts before anyone sees them), I am surprised that so many people think the rule is too strict. If we were to forward the spammers to your email addresses perhaps there would be a better understanding of the scope of the issues. Or perhaps a better understanding could be had if people had to spend hours of their time dealing with those who are not willing to invest anything into the community but rather only want to use it.

If we did not have the 50 post rule, the forum would be filled with 'drive by' threads and posts. These are people who simply join with ONLY selfish objectives; this community does not exist for the benefit of people who can't be bothered to invest anything in this free resource. Page after page, thread after thread of nothing but people posting links to their eBay listings, offer to sell their rare stamps, solicitations seeking free stamps for their handicapped children. I serious doubt that anyone would want a community filled with this kind of reading.

Lastly, the community did not always have the rule, and it was bad. Bobby dealt with the issues at that time but I have seen the history and can attest to the problems.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 10/20/2020   8:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add knick1959 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
> What were those "expensive" airmails? Do you have Scott numbers?

I've always wanted to own these, even when younger but they were always well out of reach. Finally stretched for them. Specifically the zeppelins, C13-15. I also just acquired a nice MNH C18, something that has eluded me in the past too. My airmails are now "complete" through at least 1984 but there is more that needs to be organized. Wait, I still need 2 more common issues ... perhaps this weekend. There is actually a stamp show in town (Cleveland). I think it's still on.
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
Posted 10/20/2020   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it sounds like the 50 post has solved some long-standing problems. I haven't been on a "board" like this since the Compuserve days in the 90's, so don't have much familiarity with the issues. I do remember boards being much more active. It did take quite some time to get over 50 messages - I guess because I prefer to lurk and absorb all the interesting discussions and comments. It is hard to force yourself to participate, especially after "Facebook", where someone always has to argue with you after you post anything they don't agree with.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 535Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05