Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Return To Sender Cover Examples?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 160Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
68 Posts
Posted 08/16/2020   3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add knick1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It had to be back in the early 70's (based on the 2 examples I have) but I remember an article in Linn's Stamp News (I think) that talks above how covers sent into disaster zones can make for interesting RTS covers. Now, perhaps a bit poorly spirited (to take advantage of a disaster like this) but as a (doing the math) 12-13 year old, it sounded cool. I was already into bulk space launch covers and the like, so I tried this. I do not remember how many things I sent out, and I'm pretty sure I didn't wait for any disasters to hit, I just tried some things ... I just re-found the 2 examples I did get returned to me. I was thrilled by one and then not as inspired with the other. Anyone else. Here is my better example. They tried hard to find this made up person at a made up English address!

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 08/16/2020   3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add knick1959 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My second self-created example is less interesting. It IS cool, tho, how they chop-marked the uncancelled US stamp on the front before returning.

Pine Tree Ave in Tokyo? They didn't try hard to match this ... perhaps too large a city.

Any other interesting RTS covers to share?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2500 Posts
Posted 08/16/2020   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamp Smarter has a database of user submitter Pointing hands covers here. Enjoy!

http://stampsmarter.com/features/Co...andHome.html
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by littleriverphil - 08/16/2020 4:16 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 160Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05