Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Recent Milestones For Your Collection?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,155Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5180 Posts
Posted 08/18/2020   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So what are the three missing items, FJH?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
8605 Posts
Posted 08/18/2020   5:01 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My philatelic milestones have been replaced by medical milestones. Just came back this afternoon from my 60th operation since 2015 and earlier this month (August 13th) marked my 1000th medical procedure since 2015. But I am still one of the luckiest people around, 6 out of 10 dialysis patients die within 5 years and 9 out of 10 Stage 4 cancer patients die within 5 years.

Here is my advice on beating the odds and achieving milestones. Stay more positive than doubtful, stay more optimistic than fearful, be more determined than defeated, feel more like a victor than a victim.
Don
Valued Member
United States
458 Posts
Posted 08/18/2020   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Don. Very inspirational words!
Valued Member
Ireland
244 Posts
Posted 08/18/2020   6:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@GeoffHa

The three are coil stamps from the first Definitive Set (SE wmk). I dont have a used version of one of the 1d red coils. It is lined up.
And I dont have a mint or used version of one of the 2d green coils. It is serious money and way beyond my reach.
The rest are Seahorses.
There are of course varieties to the low value overprints but I have never bothered with them.
On the other hand, I have all paper and perforation varities of Irish-designed definitives....Gerls, Architecture, treasures, birds, flowers etc.
It will be a relief when I can finally draw a line.
Valued Member
Canada
412 Posts
Posted 08/25/2020   5:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NBSTAMPER to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So, Tom Swift, it would be really neat to see your Canada no. 3; not many of them around. Is it possible to post a scan?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
981 Posts
Posted 08/30/2020   05:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been working on a "One 19th-Century Mint Postal Card from Everywhere" collection since April 2018, and yesterday I got one from French Guiana, thus completing South America, my second continent (after Australia). Four continents and a lot of islands to go....
Valued Member
Australia
25 Posts
Posted 08/30/2020   06:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snowy121 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
finally got my King William III 1869 perforated completes my page.

Brian
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,155Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.15 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05