Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Presidents In A 1970s Kids Album Package

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 229Next Topic  
Valued Member
China
277 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   01:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add TomSwift to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Back in the late 70s I received a beginners stamp collecting set. It contained an album (which I am pretty sure was a Canadian album), a cheap plastic magnifying glass, a translucent envelope of hinges and a set of US President Cinderella stamps on one sheet. It probably would have gone up to Nixen or Carter (maybe Ford). I don't recall owning a US album (which is why I think it was a Canadian album, since I lived in Canada) but it might have been a US album. Does anyone have any information about this set?

The memory is fuzzy since it might have been a world album as well but I have a memory of the cindrellas in plastic wrap and the little round magnifying glass. It might have all came in a thin cardboard box. I also remember being confused by the US cindrellas since I was in Canada but again, the memory might be playing tricks.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29896 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   02:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tom,
could be any one of several, for both states.
any luck?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
China
277 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   03:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I don't think so. If I recall, the sheet was perforated and looking at these, I think they were newer and were horizontal design (not 100% about that).
Valued Member
China
277 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   03:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, just did a search online and found this. It might be the stamp sheet since it is the correct time frame. If this came in a kid's album set, it might be the one.

Horribly small picture but that's all I could find.
Valued Member
China
277 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   03:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Doing my own research now. (which I probably should have done before)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MNH-ORIGIN...AOSw27Zeoe4s

Pretty sure this is it. It says it came from the Harris company so now I have to see if I can find the set it came in.

Valued Member
China
277 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   03:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, search is over! Looking on eBay, the 1977 Pioneer album by Harris jumped out at me. The timeframe is the same and it looks like it came with the US Presidents Cinderellas. Once I saw it also came Flags of the World, that triggered a memory as well.

Next up, see if I can find an unused set of everything. Might be difficult.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29896 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   03:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29896 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   04:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
H E Harris World Flag Sheet
http://goscf.com/t/52150 br /

I think I have 4 or 5 unopened sheets of these somewhere in the attic.
Edited by rod222 - 08/17/2020 04:04 am
Valued Member
China
277 Posts
Posted 08/17/2020   09:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice sheet of Cinderellas. Older than the one I had but still nice. Looking on eBay, none of these are hard to find.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 229Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05