Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

'this Transaction Is Under Review'- Paypal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 3,805Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2031 Posts
Posted 08/27/2020   12:07 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got this unexpected message today when trying to transfer a small cash balance to my bank account- under $20. They will 'get back to you in 24 hours' (!)

Never seen this sort of message before. Anyone else getting this?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6546 Posts
Posted 08/27/2020   12:21 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had the odd strange Paypal event before - couldn't make a payment to someone for reasons neither the seller nor I could fathom. Possibly random money-laundering or other checks?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2055 Posts
Posted 08/27/2020   12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I likewise have seen a few strange behaviors from Paypal over the course of 20 years or so. I can't think of a time that I knew the reason for sure. I'm sure it will resolve very quickly.
Valued Member
391 Posts
Posted 08/27/2020   2:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have had this issue before as well once. No apparent reason and was also a small amount. Wonder if it is simply some random auditing system. It was cleared up in a day though.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2031 Posts
Posted 08/27/2020   2:25 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Email just received from Paypal:

We've received your request to withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account:

Requested withdrawal amount: $19.18 USD

Bank account: Wells Fargo xxxx

Transaction ID: xxx

At PayPal, our primary concern is making sure that your money is secure. We do this by routinely reviewing some transactions. We've placed your withdrawal under review and this will last for up to 24 hours. If it passes our review, we'll release it and the regular withdrawal timeframe will then take effect. If we can't release it for any reason, we'll contact you.

We appreciate your patience while we review your withdrawal.

Thanks,

PayPal

Sort of disconcerting.
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
Posted 08/27/2020   2:58 pm  Show Profile Check jamesg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When you begin selling and using paypal, they hold your money for several weeks, sums both large and small. After a couple of months (of all positive transactions), they seem to relax things a bit, and occasionally pick on some random transaction (like yours) from time to time. Usually, no big deal though after the initial pain. If however, you start having lots of returns or demands for refunds, they can put you back on 'probation' as I call it and make you wait weeks for your money. Essentially they say they are guaranteeing customer's money, when in fact, YOU are guaranteeing customer's money by allowing paypal to keep money they owe you now, in escrow (waiting to payback complainees).....

On a related note, I recently made a bad purchase on HIPstamp, with a seller who I didn't notice had 'very few transactions', and it took me a couple of days to determine it was suspicious. When I did, I filed an issue with Paypal to recover my money, and so far, they've denied it out of hand. Essentially, I 'purchased' a fairly expensive item, seller posted as shipped with a tracking number, two days later their store disappeared from HIP, and then I checked the tracking number and it doesn't appear to be 'real' or recognized by the shipper. I complained via HIP and via Paypal, and so far, they've rejected and ignored my complaint. So much for any money back guarantee (they claim to provide)!!!! I'm out some pretty big bucks, even though I thought there wasn't much risk to using Paypal/Ebay/Hip to buy things. Ideas/thoughts anyone on what avenues I might have to recovery? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Valued Member
United States
191 Posts
Posted 08/27/2020   3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phillystamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried making a phone call to Paypal about it? Also was the funds direct from a Paypal account or a backup source? ie credit card linked to the paypal account? if so maybe reach out to the card.
Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
Posted 08/27/2020   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add percyjgp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I find that odd James. My wife a few months ago had me order an item off Facebook that I was certain was not going to show up and even informed her, but she was insistent. I used a CC and used paypal. Within a couple days I got a tracking number from the site that said it was delivered to my house 2 months earlier. I showed that to my wife and she finally agreed that it was a scam. The site said I had 90 days to dispute the transaction, so I did, and paypal paid me my money back after the site refused to respond to the investigation. If they didn't I could easily have disputed it on my CC.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35791 Posts
Posted 06/23/2022   02:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thread bumped Dormant 1 year

Quote:
Have you tried making a phone call to Paypal about it?

Hah!
after going through numerous hoops,
you get to a barely audible recorded message
you hand on for 20 minutes awaiting that human voice,
suddenly it hangs up.

Is there anything more frustrating in the human existence?
Can not these huge companies afford some paid positions?
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 3,805Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.6 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05