Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bogus Stamps From Abkhazia?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 374Next Topic  
Valued Member

Netherlands
6 Posts
Posted 08/28/2020   09:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add De Facto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was wondering wether anyone can tell me something about this stamp. I know it is a bogus stamp, published under the flag of Abkhazia,like so many other bogus stamps. But I was wondering about the political message it displayed. Does anyone know who issues these bogus stamps? Thanks!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
France
1284 Posts
Posted 08/28/2020   10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 08/28/2020   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tip:
We have a "search" option as a valuable information tool,
Employ it first to take advantage of our vast wealth of knowledge.
Your question would have been answered.
There is a Catalogue of Abkhazia stamps

Be aware there are genuine stamps of Abkhazia, the bogus issues are generally identified with their "click bait" cynosure, Bill Clinton, The Last Supper with Marilyn Monroe etc.

Whom issued these Bogus stamps?
Not interested in those that carry out this sort of work.

Edited by rod222 - 08/28/2020 5:36 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1498 Posts
Posted 08/28/2020   11:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This might be of interest to some people:

https://abkhazworld.com/aw/blogs/17...erican-fakes
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   12:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unable to have link working..........
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1498 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   12:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know why. Try googling:

Viacheslav Abukhba: Abkhazian philately: burnt rarities and American fakes
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4166 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   01:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Link works fine for me.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   02:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you,
that string worked with Google OK.

I am trying out VPN (Virtual Private network) and perhaps that may have been the problem there.

Valued Member
Netherlands
6 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   06:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add De Facto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot, that article is very helpful.

I know the catalogue of stamps, and this one is not there. Read: Bogus. I understand that it has a different value, but I am interested in these issues nonetheless. If anyone has more info on (bogus)stamps with a political message, let me know!
Pillar Of The Community
France
1284 Posts
Posted 09/13/2020   09:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
According to Michel Rundschau (August 2020) many stamps from Abkhazia will now be listed in Michel catalogue with full numbers.
Many,but not all,since many "illegal" issues exist.
But who will decide if an issue is legal or not?
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 374Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05