Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Official Stamps German Democratic Republic 1965 Vd And Zu - Revalued Overprint

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 205Next Topic  
Learn More...
8624 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   07:27 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 51studebaker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have tentatively located these stamps and IDed them as 1965 Official stamps German Democratic Republic but have not been able to find any info with the re-valued overprints. Year? Value?

See Rodney's post here http://goscf.com/t/8094&whichpage=10 for similar

Thank you in advance
Don

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
643 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   08:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As fas as I known the year is the same as the original labels.

They were used when the shipment was seen as not ok. The Michel catalogue says "Beanstandete sendung" unfortunatly it does not tell what specifically is considered wrong(damaged, incomplete?)

These shipments would be put in a new cover/package and the label with the overprint would be used to indicate this beanstandete sendung. They were issued at no cost, therefore the value was overprinted.

I am sure I got a few details wrong, but this gives yo a good idea about how and what.

The catalogue I have does not give an catalogue value.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2319 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   08:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don,

Here are the catalog excerpts from Michel 2020.

The red one is an Official D. According to Michel, Official D stamps were for confidential official mail. They were canceled using a date stamp or ZKD machine cancel.

The green one is an Official E. Official E stamps were for shipments with delivery receipts. They were also canceled with a date stamp or ZKD machine cancel.

WRT the "ZKD 4a" and "ZKD 4b", Michel says roughly this stamps with value overprinted with a square and ZKD 4a/4b were used as replacement stamps for rejected, repackaged items.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Edited by PostmasterGS - 08/29/2020 08:30 am
Learn More...
8624 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   08:32 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, damaged goods (apropos since I am damaged goods too)

thank you guys!
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7129 Posts
Posted 08/29/2020   10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
After a certain point, we are all "damaged goods" to at least some degree.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 205Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05