Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Couldn't Find These Romanian Tax Stamps _ Can Anyone Identify?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 290Next Topic  
Valued Member
Brazil
50 Posts
Posted 09/02/2020   8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add KanneWa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I hope everyone is well and healthy.

Could anyone identify these Tax stamps from Romania? I was unable to locate either in the Scott catalog or on www.stampworld.com.

Thanks.

Wagner

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29896 Posts
Posted 09/02/2020   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tip:
"Search" can be your friend
http://goscf.com/t/27618 br /

All is needed is to type Timbru de Adjutor in the search bar
(or part string thereof)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 09/02/2020 10:20 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
466 Posts
Posted 09/02/2020   10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are from the fiscal tax stamp issue of 1916, which contains Scott #RA3 and #RA5. Only the 5b and 10b denominations were used as a tax on postage -- there were also 50b, 1l, 2l, 5l, and 50l denominations, which were used to pay the tax on railway fares, theater tickets, etc.

Scott only lists the postal issues, 5b and 10b.

The entire 1916 fiscal tax set is illustrated here:

http://www.romaniastamps.com/charity.htm
Valued Member
Brazil
50 Posts
Posted 09/03/2020   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KanneWa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks,
Good tip rod222, I hadn't thought of that.
Checking the link you sent, I was impressed with the details of the number under the bodice.
I inherited a stamp collection from an uncle of mine many years ago, and now that I am having time to research I am finding the details of the old stamps increasingly fascinating.

Thank you
Wagner
Valued Member
Brazil
50 Posts
Posted 09/03/2020   3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KanneWa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much Codehappy...
I visited the page you sent, and it contains my two stamps, but I didn't discover the meaning of the letters: A B C D K.
Do you have any idea about it?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
466 Posts
Posted 09/04/2020   10:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The letters refer to the possible perf measurements. There's a key on another page on the website, explaining the meaning of each letter:

http://www.romaniastamps.com/perfor...perframe.htm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5109 Posts
Posted 09/05/2020   10:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a go at these a few years ago when I was still collecting anything and everything. More spaces than stamps ...

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 290Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05