Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally Some Nice Substantial Ww Collections At Auction

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,547Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4927 Posts
Posted 09/04/2020   9:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rogdcam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
They do exist after all. The recent much discussed dearth of meaty WW collections seems about to end if only temporarily. Nice stuff:

https://stampauctionnetwork.com/Y/Y1226.cfm

The question is how high will the prices go. I might dip a toe into this one. How about you?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 09/04/2020   10:03 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was hoping nobody else saw these. I think the videos are a riot. I can evaluate a collection pretty fast but the videos leave me in the dust!!
Slow down please!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
8491 Posts
Posted 09/04/2020   10:17 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To playback a YouTube video in slow motion click the 'Settings' icon in lower right (looks like Gear), then click on 'PLayback Speed' and choose 0.25
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7016 Posts
Posted 09/04/2020   11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A Siegel auction and you hoped no one else would see it??????
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4938 Posts
Posted 09/04/2020   11:29 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, zero chance they would have gone unnoticed.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 09/05/2020   01:05 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They don't usually have a lot of WW collections, but I was just kidding.

The last time I bought a bulk lot from them I was the only bidder and I made a killing.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4913 Posts
Posted 09/14/2020   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As the title above says, we are now seeing a surge in collections and large lots entering the market ,but it is also true the big increase in new buying due to the COVID thing is starting to decrease.

We made up tons of mixture lots and country collections for sale thru the Covid thing but now ,sales are off by 30 to 50% . eBay is going back to pre-Covid sales numbers for us . It was a good run ,I got time to sell off lots of stuff that sat around for years and mixing older stored up material with the new stuff we purchased at auction . So happy with the results especially picking up a lot of stuff I normally wouldn't buy on it's own .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1619 Posts
Posted 09/14/2020   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oddly, some collections have a PDF with excellent images. Seems to be mainly the smaller lots, e.g. the beautiful KUT definitives collection. Wish all auctions would take photos like these for pages with better material.
Valued Member
460 Posts
Posted 09/15/2020   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone buy me Canada lot #1685 for Christmas *drool*

That is beyond dreamyyyyy.....
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
Posted 09/15/2020   1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Stamps101 - yes that looks like a lovely Canada lot! A little too rich for my budget. I was admiring it in its PDF. I am always amazed when a collector has spent $10,000's on a very specialized collection, they make their own pages (laid out, just so), then they mount the stamps hap-hazardly. Mounts of different sizes for multiple copies of the same stamp, mounts leaning left or right, mounts high/low/left/right. I will ASSUME that the crooked stamps within the mounts were caused by the auction lot describer. Seriously, though, he couldn't have taken a little more care to make the pages look as neat as possible? Beautiful collection, just the same.
Valued Member
460 Posts
Posted 09/15/2020   2:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I actually had that same thought. I was imagining if I could actually buy it, I would remake the pages with the notations (assuming they are accurate), but actually use quadrille paper or perhaps computer-designed and properly mounted with a bit more care.

Unreal stamps tho. Quite jelly!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   7:01 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody else get beat up today?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4913 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   7:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW ----That is what I would say, about what sold today at the Worldwide collections & accum. section of the Robert A. Siegel Auction .
Edited by floortrader - 10/01/2020 7:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   7:39 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I327 was buying everything. I went to 3 1/2 times estimate and got beat on a 3 volume collection. It would have cost me the same as the wonderful 27 vol collection I bought from Kelleher in February. as you say WOW!!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4927 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   7:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yup. I got nuttin' in dat sale my friends. And just who is the masked bidder behind I327? If I am not mistaken that paddle number is of relatively recent vintage. I have seen similar activity in the past Siegel sales for US collections but never like this for WW.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7016 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It was probably one of the usual eBay selling suspects like NYStamps. He has spent big money on non US large lots in the past.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,547Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05