Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Modern Cover With Hand Cancel And Spray Cancel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 412Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
58 Posts
Posted 09/11/2020   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add dgwhite87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Its rare for me to get covers with stamps, when I do it's usually philatelic mail with old discount postage.

So, this modern cover with an actual hand cancel and a spray cancel was a delight. I'm not familiar with usps postal operations, is there a reason why this would be hand cancelled and spray cancelled?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7337 Posts
Posted 09/11/2020   7:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think what happened is the same as what happened to me several times.
When I take some stuff to the post office, they sometimes cancel the mail and then throw it in the basket for the regional canter where all the first class mail is supposed to be cancelled.
I have a precancel permit and have to hand my mail to the clerk to get hand stamped. They will invariably throw this mail
ion the wrong stack also, thus getting cancelled twice also.

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 09/11/2020   7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dgwhite87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Peter, that helps clear that up for me
Valued Member
14 Posts
Posted 01/24/2021   8:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coversRfun2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
dgwhite87, if you can email me privately I would appreciate. The forum would not let me email you because I am a new member (their blocking message, with plenty of space after their words to me, failed to mention what measure would make me not a new member).
The blocking message said there was no reason to email since I could not buy sell or trade yet either and I should post publicly. But of course they are short sighted as the reason I want to use email is a matter of a privacy slash security question to you, without causing embarrassement etc etc. So I thought well, the work around is simply to ask you to email me privately assuming I can receive emails even though a new member. If that works, we won't have to rail against "the system", all remains happy, and we beg the other readers indulgence since under present system this is the only way to get to later hopefully ask you a sensitive question. And yes everyone it is about a previous post in this thread! sorry for taking everyone's time.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2637 Posts
Posted 01/25/2021   07:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
failed to mention what measure would make me not a new member

50 posts, err..36 more for you.
Quite possibly, by the time you finish telling us why Covers are fun too, you'll have that many posts.
Edited by littleriverphil - 01/25/2021 07:28 am
Learn More...
9152 Posts
Posted 01/25/2021   08:23 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The forum would not let me email you because I am a new member (their blocking message, with plenty of space after their words to me, failed to mention what measure would make me not a new member).
The blocking message said there was no reason to email since I could not buy sell or trade yet either and I should post publicly. But of course they are short sighted as the reason I want to use email is a matter of a privacy slash security question to you, without causing embarrassement etc etc. So I thought well, the work around is simply to ask you to email me privately assuming I can receive emails even though a new member. If that works, we won't have to rail against "the system",

The rules are clear and simple, typically most people read them before agreeing to them when they join. The rules exist for safety reasons and have worked well for many years.
Don
Valued Member
United States
461 Posts
Posted 01/25/2021   08:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
coversRfun2 and all,

A used stamp is just a used stamp when soaked off cover. Example: How many 9/11 covers were lost when they were soaked or just tossed as modern cover not worth saving? Stamps off cover worth pennies at best can bring big dollars preserved on cover.

Russ
Edited by hoosierboy - 01/25/2021 08:31 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 412Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05