Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott 980 "St. John Ambulance" Perforations

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 170Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
7157 Posts
Posted 09/14/2020   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was going through Scott 750-1000 stamps looking for any abnormalities with reguards to stamp perforation accuracy.

These stamps in the Unitrade Catalouge have had some bad "COPY/PASTE" issues as Robin Harris "Unitrade Editor" has told us. He has stepped up to the plate to correct any perforation mistakes that occurred before he took over as editor. He has accepted corrections from me and other collectors...Kudos to him.

Let me post a Scott 980 "St. John Ambulance" stamp perforation... I took 10 stamps at random from my stock book and took measurements on each stamp and compared it to the perforation assigned to these stamps in the Unitrade Catalouge.

Assigned perforations for this stamp is 13.5x13.5....My measurements are as shown below...

TOP 13.3
BOTTOM 13.3
RIGHT 13.4
LEFT 13.4

Makes this stamp 13.3 x 13.4

NOW THIS IS WHERE I NEED COLLECTORS HELP....Can I get some collectors to dig deep and do some measurements for me to verify/deny these measurements.

Robert

Below is the perforation measurement corrections posted by Robin Harris.

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 09/14/2020 11:48 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6921 Posts
Posted 09/14/2020   11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert: "He has excepted corrections from me and other collectors...Kudos to him"

I think you mean "accepted" where it says "excepted" ?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7157 Posts
Posted 09/14/2020   11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Peter...Your are correct...Change made

Robert
Valued Member
65 Posts
Posted 09/14/2020   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add UnitradeEditor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert:

Should be 13.3 (not 13.5 as noted in the catalogue).

This will be corrected for the 2022 Unitrade (the 2021 edition is being printed as we speak).

(Mistakes happen Robert, and as I have asked you repeatedly, please contact me directly about these.)

Robin Harris
Editor, Unitrade Specialized Catalogue of Canadian Stamps

Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 170Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05